We are currently looking for a Technical Consultant for one of Largest IT Service and Support companies in the UK. This will be a key position in the company and will help provided a high level of support to the technical team and clients.
The key day-to-day of the position will be a mix of understanding customer requirements, both in terms of new business opportunities and complex support issues. Designing solutions to customer issues and requirements, and producing appropriate drawings and reports.
The ideal candidate will be a well-presented IT all-rounder and can demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience in previous Managed Services roles but not essential.
- Maintain existing management tool framework ensuring 100% availability of tools for use by technical services
- Staying abreast of changing technologies and best of breed solutions that improve monitoring and reporting capabilities, making sure that this is cascaded through the team
- Conduct quarterly team, vendor roadmap and planning sessions (where appropriate)
- Ensure that customer platforms are maintained and patched to latest versions as and when these are released, or workaround mitigations are put in-place. Under no circumstances should any platform exist un-maintained i.e. un-patched
- Help maintain an accurate task list of technical services requirements and where appropriate manage priorities.
- Regular audit of platform documentation to ensure information is current and accurate
- MCSE 2008 or above
- SQL 2012 or above
- Exchange 2010 or SCCM 2012 or above
- Citrix - CCP- V / CCP-N
- VMWare or HyperV systems
aigo FIND operate & advertise as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions