My client is a growing, international SaaS technology business who have developed a unique product, allowing retailers to frequently create and manage the diverse range of content required to create engaging and inspiring shopping experiences over any device or channel, without the need for costly third-party IT development. They are dramatically re-engineering the economics and quality of online merchandising and marketing.Their customers include some of the world’s leading retailers and brands.
They move at a fast pace, have interesting problems to solve and are teeming with talented people committed to creating the best solutions for their customers.
Overview of the role
The Technical Consultant is responsible for capturing requirements and business needs from high-end retailers and defining a solution using the company products that will satisfy these requirements.
The Consultant will support the customer and internal team on how to use and operate the developed solution and will need to be able to translate business requirements into technical requirements throughout the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with client stakeholders to identify their core business processes and elicit business requirements.
- Lead the engagement with business users to define the business requirements by understanding the business needs.
- Facilitation of client workshops where applicable to understand business workflows and requirements and/or present and validate potential solutions.
- Assists internal teams by providing clarifications on business and system requirements.
- Identify re-occurring requirement patterns across customer projects and evangelise the need for generic / re-usable solutions.
- Provide end-user/internal support for the developed solution.
- Must have a genuine passion for solving business problems with technology.
- Is able to demonstrate a strong aptitude in applying methods to gather requirements.
- They should have the appropriate level of technical skills to analyse the requirements and recommend a technical solution.
- Knowledge of Scrum or another agile development methodology.
- Some experience with and appreciation of back-end development.