Technical Consultant, Payment Solutions
Location: Home Based: South East to Midlands
Salary: £45K-£50K base plus bonus & excellent pension & flex benefits
URGENT - INTERVIEWING NOW
An excellent opportunity for a Payments Consultant or Integration Specialist who is focused within the Payments Industry. This will include working in Pre & Post Sales with the solution design, and Web Development Team, advising on Payment Solutions for various on and off-line Clients, Merchants & Acquirers. This will include training on the various end to end solutions to be implemented and integrated to the Clients applications on the wider Payments & Customer interaction solutions & security that are needed and available for them.
The role involves Pre-Sales engagement and technical hands-on demonstrations, technical support to sales questions etc, Configuration and working with a test box of Multichannel Payments solutions utilising numerous customer interaction devices (e.g. POS, PED, Internet Shopping and Mobile) through a processing engine Gateway and transmittal to an Acquirer and/or API scheme. This also involves awareness of security measures both in terms of data and procedures to protect customer data, PCI etc.
- Demonstrate market knowledge including current trends for secure payment gateways, card present, card not present, contactless, prepaid, Apple Pay and most of the payment systems.
- Understand the client’s payment propositions in order to best apply them to a Client’s business needs
- Contribute to outstanding Client satisfaction acting as a point of escalation where appropriate.
- Work on successful initiation, delivery and completion of assignments acting as a Client’s technical point of contact for the duration of the project and on-boarding.
- Articulate Client’s requirements, into a functional specification document and subsequent technical notes.
- Assist with delivery of an assignment including initiating contact with the Client taking responsibility for assignment planning, working in a SOAP & REST environment for integration purposes, API etc.
- Understand to a technical level the interfaces of the products and services and discuss these with clients and prospects at a high level as well as troubleshoot and educate clients to a low level for skills
- Work with Test and Product Manager on pre-build for the portfolio of gateway projects
- Performing WebEx and Demonstrations with internal teams as well as 3rd parties for solutions
- Ownership of technical relationship through the project lifecycle
- The role could suit a Payment Implementation Engineer or Consultant looking for their career move to work more in a customer facing environment with more solutions which will become core off the shelf products.
- Educated to technical degree level, MSc or with equivalent experience
- Client facing and some customer sign off experience.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic to learn from a software vendor point of view, work with Development & Product Management as well as the Sales Team on Proposals, RFPs etc.
- Analytical thinking with attention to detail with Commercial acumen
- Customer-facing written and verbal communication skills, including formal presentations and white boarding
- Good knowledge of the Payment Card Industry or Secure Payment Processing
- Client facing experience in an IT environment, eCommerce, IVR, MOTO
- Knowledge of the payment solutions and their commercial application, encryption etc.
- Knowledge and experience of the Payment Card Industry Security Standards, PCI DSS
- Experience of EMV, eWallet, Mobile Payments
- Experience within a Consultancy Practice or Pre & Post Sales with a customer focused approach.
- Possible payments companies Visa, Worldpay, Wirecard, PayPal, possibly Verifone, Ingenico, Diners Club, Apple Pay, Adgen etc.
This is an exciting opportunity not to be missed please contact us to discuss this opportunity further.