Technical Consultant - European Travel Required - Reigate
As a Technical Consultant, you will provide client-facing pre-sales, implementation and integration of advanced financial modelling software throughout Europe. As part of the wider software team, you will provide highest tier technical assistance for enterprise deployments to our global team. Limited on-call rotation will be required; currently one week per quarter. Most technical consultants also branch out and become specialists in their own personal areas of interest that are aligned with corporate goals (Big data, Linux, development, European regional areas, etc.).
- On-site and remote installation, configuration and support of software; recommending appropriate bespoke solutions where required.
- Providing technical input (infrastructure) and support to development teams.
- Providing pre-sales technical support to consultants and the sales teams.
- Training clients on installation and on-going support of advanced software products.
- Ad-hoc internal IT support.
- Strong communication skills - the consulting image is important
- Ability to understand complex IT architectures
- Good knowledge of server hardware and configuration.
- Microsoft Windows Server, IIS, Active Directory and networking knowledge.
- SQL Server database experience including SQL, maintenance and optimisation
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Educated to degree level
- Willingness to travel and ability to work throughout the EU without restriction.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including using VBA.
- Experience with a scripting language (Batch, VBA, PowerShell and/or Perl).
- Network performance analysis
- Cloud computing (Azure, AWS) or grid architectures (HPC)
- .Net development experience
- Experience in working with high performance or distributed computing
- Core Microsoft, Azure, Citrix, Cisco, VMWare or other key IT certifications.
- Experience in a client facing or consulting role
- Fluency in a relevant European language (Spanish, French, German, Italian, Spanish or Dutch)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"