Technical Claims Handler - Personal Injury / Motor
Job Market - Insurance
Technical Claims Handler - About the job
In conjunction with continued expansion, my client are seeking to recruit experienced and skilled negotiators to work within their Technical Claims Department.
As well as claims associated with motor trade road risks the candidate will handle a portfolio of claims relating to a mix of different risks including commercial vehicle, executive hire, private hire, private car and short-period policies.
Duties will include:
- Reviewing new claims received from the First Response Unit to highlight any areas of concern with regard to any potentially Large Losses, Reinsurance referrals or cases of concern from a Fraud perspective.
- Assessing underwriting records and other relevant documents to complete indemnity enquiries in order to ascertain our level of interest.
- Thorough liability investigations to ensure the strongest position to consider any claims presented in order that we may deal on best terms.
- Negotiating Settlement of personal injury claims, both within the MOJ portal and outside of; on the best terms possible following thorough research of all facts and dissection of medico-legal evidence.
- Ensuring that all reserves are correctly maintained and payments due raised within policy limits and in a timely fashion.
- The selective appointment of external partners including panel solicitors, enquiry agents, engineers and loss adjusters whilst maintaining close control of cases referred on.
- Review and control of cases which have been litigated by claimant representatives to equitable conclusion.
- Maintaining allocated caseload of claims up to a cumulative ceiling of £25,000.
- Giving best advice and highest level of customer service.
Technical Claims Handler - Key requirements
Candidates for this role would be expected to have a minimum of 12 months relevant experience in the negotiation of personal injury claims and have a sound working knowledge of the MOJ protocols and processes, and the ability to make informed assessments with regard to the valuation of personal injury claims based upon knowledge of the JC Guidelines and current case law.
In addition, it would be most desirable for the candidate to have experience concerning indemnity checking procedure and liability negotiation, again with reference to current case law.
An excellent telephone manner and computer literacy skills are a requirement.
Candidates will also be supported should they wish to pursue the professional qualifications offered by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), however this is not a requirement for the role. Should a candidate have already progressed with CII studies at any level this would be considered as desirable.
- Claims Handling
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job