The technical buyer will working as part of a small team, work closely with the engineering team. The Buying role have both operational and strategic elements to it.
Specific duties of the technical buyer will include-
- Place Purchasing orders for drawn and non-drawn components
- Negotiate all terms and conditions for purchases in line with project and procurement strategy
- Continually monitor suppliers to ensure costs, quality and delivery times are met.
- The ability to present commercial information, which enables sourcing decisions to be made
- Play a role in achieving departmental KPI's such as cost reduction, purchasing and stock management.
The ideal technical buyer candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Purchasing experience within a project/NPI driven automotive, aerospace or general engineering environment
- Track record in purchasing and cost reductions
- Experience in working with bill of materials
- Commercial acumen with the ability to build relationships with suppliers
- Able to understand basic engineering processes and read engineering drawings
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job