Based in Poole, my client is looking to recruit a Technical Buyer to join the busy engineering team.
- Purchasing and expediting of materials.
- To support the estimating function of the business, with quotations for materials, sub contracts and processing.
- Administration of Export control documentation
- Control the procurement of materials per BOCS-09, and the expediting of purchase orders.
- Assist the Commercial Manager with external material and processing costs in a timely manner for estimating.
- Conduct Contract Reviews per BOCS-06.
- To assist estimating, planning, production and quality with supplier information when required.
- To provide assistance with purchase order invoice queries.
- To maintain the company's approved supplier list (ASL)
- Maintain the export control classification database
- Send out and expedite replies RFQs for external costs, obtaining best price.
- Use the 'material run list’ to determine material requirements, and update with expedite information.
- Raise material purchase orders and progress through countersigning by planning and Ops Director, or by Managing Director per BOCS-09.
- Expedite purchase orders.
- Conduct the 'Commercial’ section of the contract review.
- Update supplier information on the company ASL
- Reference to customer approved supplier lists. portals when sourcing materials / processing.
- The effective implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and associated metrics where ownership is assigned.
Measures of Performance
- Placement of material orders within 10 days of entry on to run list. % target identified on metric.
- Material delivered on time
Salary: £28-35k per annum
Hours: 37 hours over Monday to Friday
Location: Poole, Dorset
Benefits: 25 days’ holiday, free parking and an early finish on Friday's, regular overtime, whilst working for an evolving company that offers support and training
If you would like more information regarding this role or would like to apply, email your CV, call the office or pop in and see us in person. All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Successful applicants will be contacted within 7 days of receiving you application. If you haven’t heard from us within 1 week, please feel free to contact us to ensure your application was received.