Buyer, engineering, manufacturing, excel, purchasing, technical, Southampton, hampshire, permanent, CIPS
Your new company
This family run business are approaching 40 years of success and have a fantastic reputation in their specialist market.
Offering bespoke manufactured products to a variety of customers from football clubs to nuclear subcontractors this proud organisation will provide a stimulating and rewarding role to any versatile purchasing professional.
Your new role
This Hays exclusive opportunity will be working closely with the MD and design team to order and source a host of raw materials and parts to support the two local production sites.
A lot of long term supplier relationships must be maintained and there will be some new sourcing for specific case by case projects.
- Order and co-ordinate all materials
- Interpret required items and measurements from technical drawings
- Liaise closely with sales team on customer requirements
- Manage supplier database
- Report to MD with scheduled deliveries
What you'll need to succeed
- Purchasing experience from technical background
- Ability to use own initiative
- Excellent organisation skills
- Astute negotiator
- Good mathematics capability
- Excel skills
What you'll get in return
Competitive holiday package, early finish on a Friday, supportive environment, free parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.