Technology Manager/Technical Business Manager
Central London / £40,000 + Benefits
My client is an international financial training firm, whose clients are the world's most highly regarded investment banks, private banks and asset managers. With offices in the UK, Singapore, Poland and the US, they offer global coverage and have trained in more than 20 countries.
Oversees all technical aspects and technological resources for the purpose of organisational growth. Establishes a technological vision aligned to the commercial and operational strategy and leads the company's technological development.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Works with other departments to use new technologies to streamline company policies and rules.
- Identify competitive advantages and implement technology trends and platforms.
- Contribute towards the design and development of the digital strategy that supports learning delivery and learning management.
- Work with the CLO in selecting the appropriate learning strategy to monetise digital products.
Client facing solutions
- Work with the programme management team, product heads and clients in the deployment of online solutions.
- Develops the team and leadership to innovate systems for examining quality of learning, learner engagement, and learner success in assigned programmes.
- Implement a client helpdesk system for online solutions.
- Manages education technologies such as learning management systems, evaluation systems, and other supporting tools.
- Leads the integration of learning systems with client or third-party systems (e.g. SSO integration, API integration etc.)
- Conducts faculty, staff, and client onboarding workshops and skill-building sessions as necessary to utilize the digital learning solutions.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
- You should come from a technical background and ideally have knowledge of a broad technical skills which include at least one of the following: PHP, .NET, Java, Python, JQuery and similar DHTML/AJAX frameworks, database management, version control, cloud deployment.
- Strong IT project management skills.
- Stakeholder management.
- Design and development of web enabled solutions.
- ERP system design and development.
- Familiarity with learning management systems
- Experience developing and implementing digital strategies and taking online solutions to market.
- Some commercial experience of growing an online product portfolio.
- Ability to communicate effectively with corporate clients.
- Have a highly motivated and driven attitude.
- An understanding of eLearning production techniques including knowledge of authoring tools
- Experience of building online learning interventions across multiple formats such as; online classrooms, videos, animations, simulations or social learning.
- Conduct code reviews and specification conformance testing including establishing a quality assurance process.
- Establish an application deployment process.
- Develops and directs all networking safeguards to reduce the risk of outside breaches and protect sensitive internal and external client information.
- Learning from Experiences.
- Manages the infrastructure that supports the distribution and management of the digital media assets.
- Consistently evaluates technical efficiency and deploys changes as necessary.
- Directs the development and implementation of disaster recovery plans.
- Successfully selecting, managing and negotiating with external partners.
- Travel: The role will require periodical travel across the UK and Europe to attend client meetings and presentations.
- Holidays: 28 days per annum.
- Staff Benefits: Includes, Season ticket loan, Gym membership contribution, Cycle to work scheme, Childcare vouchers, and Private medical care - after one year of service.