The Academia Technology Group specialising in the supply of software, IT hardware, training and service solutions to the public sectors, business and pro media markets. Established in 2003, we employ close on 100 dedicated professionals across multiple locations throughout the UK with a group annual turnover of over £50m. We partner with the world's leading technology manufacturers and have the accreditations, certifications and awards to demonstrate our expertise and ability.
We are seeking a Technical Business Development Manager to join the fast growing Academia team. The ideal candidate will be proactive, motivated with ability to prioritise in fast paced environment. The key objective will be to introduce Academia’s full range of services into Trading and lapsed accounts but also developing net new opportunities. We are looking for a team player, with a can-do attitude! Must have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, high standards and quality of work with the ability to adopt to different working styles and needs. It is essential to have a proven track record of success in selling IT managed services and building relationships with clients. The Technical Sales Account Manager is a key figure in developing long-term relationships with the portfolio of assigned customers, winning new accounts and take on the responsibility for managing the relationships. You will be responsible for managing the relationship by introducing Academia’s full range of products and services to grow business and increase profitability.
Responsibilities will include
- Hunting for new business from Academia’s wealth of existing customers.
- Assisting with inbound leads from Academia’s sales force and working all opportunities through from inception to close.
- Delivering a consultative sales approach for all of Academia’s in-house services linked to our main vendors
- Achieve set personal GP and Rev targets per month and quarter.
- Compile a weekly Sales activity report.
- Work with the Team Leader, Sales Manager and Director on Pipeline forecasting and account mapping.
- Pro-actively develop a given region by supporting marketing strategies (Call campaigns, Hosted Roadshows, Digital).
- Conduct and host SLT sessions and presentations.
- Prepare long term strategy and vision plans for schools.
- Attending new business meetings with/for regional account managers.
- Mentor the schools team in pre and post sales enquiries.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 5 years’ experience working in IT and or Education, SME, Enterprise
- Very Strong understanding of Apple and Google OS 'ecosystem’incl. iOS, Chrome, and related APPs
- Very strong understanding of a Managed Service. Experience in having sold the following solutions in the past as a minimum:
o Hosted/Managed Compute and SAN
o Windows Server/Office365
o Connectivity - Broadband, FTTC, FTTP, EoFTTC & EFM
o Support Contracts
- Strong understanding of the acceptable use of Technology within an Education and Enterprise environment.
- Proven Technical Sales record.
- Good general knowledge of IT infrastructure.
- Ability to support and respond to complex tenders.
- Ability to present to customers when necessary including high level board and senior leadership, and hosting Academia events.
This Role is for you if you are
- Detail-oriented and organised.
- Highly motivated and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- Have an ability to work independently, autonomously and take initiative.
- Have the ability to multi-task, pro-actively manage various issues (productive and efficient).
- Have excellent time management skills.
- Have the ability to demonstrate drive and ambition.
- Excellent grasp of job-related knowledge and technical skills.
- Make sound judgements in performing work tasks.
- Proven ability to originate, implement and execute new ideas; takes initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Establishes and maintain constructive working relationships; team player.
- Enthusiastic Communicator. Verbally communicate precisely, effectively and with authority to both individuals and groups. Write clear, concise business English in all written correspondence, and create concise, accurate and engaging presentations.
- Deadline achiever.
- Possess strong organisational skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and conflicting priorities effectively to deliver against the Company’s goals.
- Proven history of managing an accurate pipeline of opportunity to hit target.
- Able to demonstrate drive and ambition.
- Possess a full UK Driving License.
- Have a sense of humour!
- Business Development
- Communication Skills
- Managed Services