Technical Business Analyst
Hours: Mon- Fri 9am-5pm
Salary: £35,000- £55,000
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Work as part of a multi-site development team on a highly scalable IoT telematics platform.
Liaise with various stakeholders in order to write functional and technical requirements with the required level of detail.
The role would suit a candidate comfortable with both scrum and Kanban development cycles, as well as experience of using DevOps best practices.
- Lead the identification of functional and non-functional requirements using formal and informal frameworks as appropriate.
- Interact with senior business stakeholders to present key design considerations in a digestible format that relate to the overarching non-technical goals.
- Facilitate workshop type discussions between many business stakeholders with sometimes conflicting requirements and perspectives. Be able to co-ordinate people from differing backgrounds including, Actuarial, Marketing, sales, technology and operations to produce fit for purpose solutions with the minimum of complexity.
- Facilitate product and sprint planning meetings and deputise for the Head of Development in this capacity as directed.
- Effectively act as a product owner for designated projects, representing the interests of the business both tactically and strategically.
- Be responsible for the generation of analysis artefacts in various styles as necessitated by the size and style of the project, including stories, use cases and business requirements document.
- Can liaise effectively with business personnel and assist in the elucidation of business architecture and operating models.
- Interact with business personnel at all levels to elucidate requirements and propose pragmatic solutions which add business value.
- Oversee the formulation of functional and non - functional requirements such that they are implemented with the right level of compromise between immediate goals and future flexibility.
- Oversee the delivery of solutions such that they are fit for purpose and have the minimum level of complexity to meet business objectives.
- Work closely with the Technical Lead and other members of the team to ensure the smooth delivery of projects. This will include liaising with business to agree UAT and Live sign off dates.
- Act as a mentor and coach to less experienced team members.
- Be comfortable presenting the software to the end users either face to face or using webinar technology.
- Be able to work to a high standard on a number of projects with multiple teams at the same time.
- To suggest and help implement improvements to current business processes.
- Be based in Tunbridge Wells but be willing to travel when necessary.
- Be familiar with analysis techniques under various flavours of project including lean, agile and traditional techniques.
- Come from a development or testing background so will have a good understanding of development timescales and complexities involved even at an early stage of analysis.
- Having an in-depth knowledge of all of our business processes and how they fit together.
- Writing detailed functional specifications which will be used as both a sign off document with business/end users and as the starting point to the development process.
- Be able to lead development planning sessions using various techniques including use cases, user stories, whiteboard diagrams, process flows and concise verbal communication.
- Be familiar with a range of agile practices and positively contribute to implementing and improving these.
- Effective communicator at all levels with positive experience of presenting business cases and concepts.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
SCRUM or similar agile
Insurance and associated industries.
Test tools and suite