Technical Business Analyst - Higher Education

Posted 21 February by Inspire People
Easy Apply

Register and upload your CV to apply with just one click

This is a great opportunity for a Technical Business Analyst with strong technical aweareness and great soft skills to join a newly formed PMO within a vibrant, world-class, creative University. You will take responsibility for appraising options, producing clear user, data, system and integration requirements, for multiple enterprise application and infrastructure projects, as well as conduct process reviews and plan/execute UATs. This is a 2-year Fixed Term position with full University benefits, including generous holiday and pension. Based South East London / Greenwich.

You will be joining a growing PMO team and will be responsible to champion BA practices, providing business analysis, process, data, systems, integration and test expertise. This role will involve collating, shaping and defining business requirements and you will need technical understanding to develop these requirements through analysis into deliverable and appropriate IT solutions.

The Technical Business Analyst will focus on:
* Modelling business data structures and integrations, assessing and documenting current and future practices/processes and data flows. You also need to have experience in drafting logical diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, writing functional specifications and use cases including detailed data and user requirements (essential).
* Providing business analysis input from benefits case through to realisation. Lead the facilitation of workshops and other stakeholder groups. Capture and prioritise requirements and lead analysis.
* Identify stakeholder requirements and develop requirements specifications, evaluate customer proposals and assist and advise their business analysis, option definition and impact analysis.

The Technical Business Analyst will have demonstrative experience of:
* Working as a IT Business Analyst on technical projects and with proven experience of documenting technical aspects of a project using agile/waterfall and Prince 2 methodologies within a PMO.
* Experience of working in a stand-alone role as approximately 40% of your time will be aligned with a Project Manager, the remaining 60% will be spent managing projects and pieces of work independently. Therefore, an ability to demonstrate examples of managing a busy and sometimes conflicting workload will be essential.
* You must have experience of creating technical documentation such as; entity relationship diagrams, logical diagrams, writing functional specifications, UAT plans etc - alongside the more traditional BA responsibilities e.g. facilitating workshops, requirements gathering, needs analysis.

In return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £49.5k depending upon experience plus excellent benefits including 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and additional leave over Christmas) and Final Salary Pension Scheme.

If you a Technical Business Analyst with great soft skills, looking to develop your career within a vibrant environment within a busy PMO and help champion BA practices, then apply now or contact Inspire People in the strictest confidence for further information.

Inspire People is an employment agency providing services to candidates and clients.

"Business Analyst ", "Technical Business Analyst", "Senior Business Analyst", "Agile", "Waterfall", "Prince 2", "data modelling", "COTS", "ERP", "Applications", "Data Flows", "Higher Education", UAT, "Test plans".

Reference: 40012545

Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.

Report this job