The original youth travel company, Contiki Holidays is on the hunt for a 1st class Technical Business Analyst to join their Digital Web Agency (BS&T).
Contiki is the global leader in the youth travel market. Each year, through Contiki’s holidays, thousands of 18-35 year-olds discover different cultures, meet new people from all over the globe and create memories that last a lifetime. We’ve been around since 1962, have an established product and are a truly global company with operations in North and South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australasia. Best of all? We’re selling a product that genuinely changes people’s lives.
Our technology team is centralised and serves the company globally. We are looking for a passionate and ambitious Technical Business Analyst to take up a key position in our fun and fast paced digital team. You will carry out both business process analysis and systems analysis, working closely with global business stakeholders, Product Owners and the agile development teams to shape projects, elicit requirements and define system requirements. Responsible to ensure that business requirements are met in design through to testing delivery; supporting implementation and the handover of the new systems into applications support.
You would work as part of a wider digital team that includes specialists in ecommerce, email marketing, performance and social media.
The role would report to the Head of Digital Development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately and efficiently identify, define, document and present business requirements. Analyse and interpret into pragmatic solutions through IT provisions and/or definition of improved/changed business process.
- Seek out opportunities with the business to streamline/improve existing processes whilst also seeking areas where business and system processes can be better aligned to gain efficiencies.
- Produce structured definitions of functionality and process design capable of supporting development of technical design.
- Provide the required level of input to developers to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Act as a coordinator between the development team and any third parties concerning system functionality.
- Provide walk-throughs and produce training documentation for new or changed system functionality.
- Provide Quality Criteria to assist with definition of test strategy, test planning and system testing, including the provision of test data and expected results.
- Provide post-implementation support and deliver systems training where required.
- Quickly become a SME in the IT systems and how IT systems are used by the business to advise on feasibility of making changes.
- Escalate problems through agreed channels as appropriate and manage them through to successful resolution, keeping all stakeholders regularly updated.
- Write, extend and enhance system documentation.
- Maintain a high standard of customer service at all times, demonstrating strong relationship management and influencing skills.
- Expertise or at least deep knowledge of Agile models, including Scrum, Kanban, Lean, ScrumBan and the specific activities needed to deliver a solid set of user stories, scenarios, work flows and wire frames necessary for the developers to understand the goal of each story.
Essential Skills, Competencies and Experience
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills including Business, IT and 3rd Party Vendors.
- Drive and self-initiative. Able to see problems through to conclusion, irrespective of delay, opposition, diversion or lack of product knowledge.
- Able to take ownership and responsibility to identify issues and risks and drive stakeholders to resolution and management of these.
- Good impact and influence: seeks to understand as well as to be understood.
- First class facilitation skills to enable the team to drive out root requirements rather than accepting the solution stated by the business team.
- Knowledge and understanding of business analysis methodologies (ideally possessing a recognized certification such as ISEB).
- Knowledge of Agile methodology especially writing and managing user stories
- The ability to storyboard and lead solution scoping process whilst ensuring all stakeholders are informed and clear on project activity / involvement.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to communicate at both a technical and non-technical level. Must be able to use a range of communication skills including presentation skills to suit the subject matter and the audience. Understanding how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills to assist the team to identify and remove obstacles.
- Empathy, common sense and pragmatism. Be able to relate to both business and technology stakeholders.
- Business acumen and commercial awareness with a well-developed instinct of when people or business priorities have changed and ability to quickly modify behaviour to achieve effective outcomes.
- Open to change: adapting easily to new processes and procedures and coping with changing priorities and pressures.
- Ability to contribute to the continuous improvement of team and business processes.
- Maintain professional manner and approach at all times.
- Able to work to tight timescales and meet all schedules set by your manager.
- Be prepared to be flexible with working hours to meet peak demands or work with global stakeholders in other time zones.
- Be willing to take on special I.T. assignments outside the mainstream project as required by the business and agreed by line management.
- Experience in the use of JIRA software or equivalent is helpful but not essential.
Supportive, fun and friendly team environment, Competitive Wages, Volunteer Days (two per year), professional development for all employees, BUPA, Kiddivouchers, Travel discounts (terms apply), a day off on your birthday.
- Business Analyst
- Communication Skills
- Risk Assessment
- Agile Methodologies