Technical / Building Surveyor - Zedbox have a fantastic opportunity for a Technical / Building Surveyor to join their expanding and successful team at their new HQ based on the outskirts of Bury St Edmunds.
In the past 18 months the Zedbox name has made a phenomenal impact within the market and success and growth is celebrated regularly. If you want to be part of this unique, innovative brand, this could be the opportunity for you.
As a Technical / Building Surveyor for Zedbox you will liaise with the project management team ensuring each Zedbox client has a smooth, timely and successful journey through the planning permission and building control process. You will visit each client to survey and assess the site, to approve the salespersons measurements and specification. You will also draw up the site for internal use, and to BCO & to individual planning department requirements.
You will prepare, submit and manage the planning application, BCO liaison and involvement with all other parties. (i.e. Water Cos) as well as monitor and encourage speedy approval from all parties. The role may involve occasional revisits to some client sites. You will have close liaison with the Zedbox Project Management Team, Local Authorities Planning Departments, BCO, Zedbox groundworks and installations teams and each client during the planning and installation process.
So what else is involved?
- Utilise CAD software to draw up the site
- Prepared plans must include existing buildings & services and the new Zedbox and to agree optimal electrical and drainage requirements with the client.
- Package prepared includes full assessment of the site in preparation for the project including access, notable problems, soil type etc.
- Draw up existing buildings & services, the proposed new Zedbox and agree optimal electrical and drainage requirements with the client keeping in mind the financial efficiency of the project
- Maintain and develop strong professional relationship with customers
- Prepare each planning application in an appropriate timescale
- Prepare and submit each planning application in manner to ensure suitable and timely approval
- Maintain the quality and momentum of the "client’s journey "and to offer advice and guidance internally and externally
- Liaise with Local Authority and delegated BCO to ensure compliance
- Maintain dialogue with Structural Surveyors
- Liaise with the Product Development Team to ensure continued product improvement whilst maintaining full compliance and type approval.
- Regularly liaise with Sales Surveyors to ensure cohesion and efficacy of the entire process
- Deliver high quality, effective administration to the project management function
- Liaise with clients during the planning process, in conjunction with the Project management team
- Deliver first class support to the entire team
- Effectively communicate with the Operations Team about customer related issues/information/clarification and/or other departments as required
- Provide support to colleagues and other teams in the organisation where required
- Contribute to product development with customer needs paramount.
- Deliver exceptional customer service internal and externally
As our Technical / Building Surveyor you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Suitable RICS accredited qualification in Building Surveying or post graduate conversion
- Experience delivering high quality surveying work to deadlines
- Experience of appropriate CAD packages and multiple domestic planning application submissions
- Full comprehension of planning regulations (UK wide), BCO and structural engineer requirements
- Manufacturing / modular construction experience (preferable)
- Exceptional communication skills
- Computer literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, primarily Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Reliable and punctual
On offer is a salary of £37000-£42500 per annum dependent on experience. You will also be part of a fantastic team, in a great location within easy access of the A14.
If this is you and you feel you could embrace the Zedbox values, belief and culture please apply by forwarding your CV ASAP.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Technical, Building, CAD, RICS, surveyor
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer outlined within this advertisement to review your application for the specific role applied for.