* - To take the lead in producing high-quality technical training documentation in the use of the Maintenance Management software tool, E2M that is being deployed into their depots in the UK.
* - An experienced writer is required to write easy- to-understand user interface text, tutorials, training manuals and how to guides. The Technical Document Writer will be responsible for converting Systems Work Flow Diagrams into end user training material, using existing training medium, which will be used by our third party training provider.
* - In addition, you will also be required to assist both the E2M Systems Expert in the rollout of the User Acceptance Testing phase and the training providers in the rollout of the training programme.
Technical Delivery - Testing Phase
* - To assist in the production of role based test script packs for use by our User Acceptance Testers.
* - To assist in scheduling and coordinating the testing cycle with our User Acceptance Testers
* - To collate test results and report to the project technical lead
Technical Delivery - Training Phase
* - To convert in the region of 300 technical system work flows diagrams into high quality training documentation.
* - To work with our external training provider to ensure all the system 'train the trainer' requirements are captured and understood.
* - To design and produce training material including:
- Course Timetable
- Lesson plans
- Training Content
- Feedback forms
- Competency Qualification Certificate
* - To work with depot facilities to ensure training facilities and equipment is made available.
* - To support local trainers across depots when cascading training locally.
* - To provide post deployment software knowledge support by being available across shifts at different depots.
Working with the Business Systems E2M Expert
* - Work under guidance from the E2M Expert.
* - Customer Relationships Collaboration with the depot staff and training provider to ensure all requirements for the training material & training courses are met. This involves working with the project team to ensure all aspects of delivery are met.
Health and Safety
* - Implementation of safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility
* - Understand, implement, and comply with the clients HSQE policies.
* - Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team and ensure employees raise issues and participate in implementation of agreed changes.
* - Fully participate and engage in RL behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely.
* - Engage with HSQE team to agree targets and priorities to communicate and cascade to team.
* - Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
* - Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and any others affected by one's own acts or omissions.
* - Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
* - Ensure awareness and understanding of the clients compliance policies and 'Tell Us' ethos. Implement in areas of responsibility.
- Proven working experience of technical writing of software documentation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- City and Guilds 7300 certification or equivalent.
- Ability to manage multiple user requirements.
- Good stakeholder and user management skills.
- Good knowledge of IT systems.
THIS ROLE MAY INVOLVE TRAVEL TO OTHER DEPOTS IN THE UK, THIS WILL BE AT THE CLIENTS EXPENSE