Technical Author | Leeds | £40,000
Your new company
You'll be joining a global leader and pioneer of real time content aware analysis, protecting a worldwide user base in the millions of children and vulnerable people from malware, spam and explicit content.
Your new role
Working in the Leeds tech hub, you'll be surrounded by passionate, innovate and supportive team players.
Smoothwall's products interface with a huge range of systems, applications and databases, providing an engaging technical environment.
You shall primarily be responsible for:
- Highly experienced at producing help systems documentation for commercial software
- Define and maintain standards for user documentation and help systems, including authoring tooling
- Acquire sign off from all required parties required, for all documentation produced prior to go-live
- Work closely with Agile scrum teams to ascertain and manage project documentation requirements
- Delivery of documentation to agreed project timescales
- Create help systems and documentation should be worded appropriately and in a format, that is most useful to the audience (i.e. HTML, video, embedded in the product)
- Assist User Interface developers and User Experience engineers in developing an intuitive UI suitable for the type of user being targeted
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of writing for technical people and non-technical people
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Knowledge of web technologies, including CSS, HTML, and XML
- Highly competent user of authoring applications (i.e. MadCap Flare, MS Visio, Snagit, Acrobat, Word)
- Willing and able to quickly learn new technologies and technical information
- Understands Agile development methodologies Desirable
- Understanding of Cloud-based services (Azure, Google, AWS, etc.)
- Understanding of Agile and/or other software development lifecycles
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary and benefits, private healthcare, flexible working, free fruit and workplace massages.
The staff at Smoothwall take pride in having an inclusive and friendly team atmosphere, where everyone feels empowered to drive change and grow their career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or give us a call.
For further information please visit our dedicated recruitment microsite jobs/smoothwall