About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Technical Author to be responsible for supporting the Information Development team in designing and developing online and print-based content for a variety of technical and non-technical internal and external audiences.
- Product innovation market readiness documentation (product/solution definition documents, for example)
- User interface specifications
- Online user assistance (help centre content, context-sensitive online help, validation/success/error messages and other instructional text)
- Technical documentation, including System Administration Guides and API Help documentation
- Call centre user guides
- Training guides and tutorials (client-facing)
The Information Development team also contribute to:
- Statements of work
- Standard Operating Procedures guides
- Marketing copy and other company collateral
User assistance and documentation form an integral part of our products and include information required by all types of software users, such as system administrators, developers, call centre agents and supervisors, clients and their customers.
The Information Development team must be able to work independently and with the Product and Technology teams to plan, develop and deliver high-quality user assistance and documentation based on industry best practice within an Agile software development environment, using Madcap Flare and structured writing methodology.
- Liaise with Product Owners across the Group to deliver technical information to a high standard of quality within agreed time frames
- Develop and manage productive working relationships with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance teams, Technical Managers, Technical Architects, Service Delivery Managers and Software Development teams, as well as with all members of the Product Innovation team
- Develop and adhere to style guidelines for Information Development output, including keeping up to date with changes to Group and Company branding
- Monitor the performance of tools and processes, identify potential improvements and agree any action with the Information Technology team
Skills and Experience:
- Degree calibre (preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of software product development technology and practices
- Excellent knowledge of Flare, Confluence, Word
- API documentation
- Excellent written and spoken English, excellent interpersonal communication
- Commercial mind-set with demonstrable commercial credibility in both internal and external relationships
- Applying strategic thinking, meeting customer and stakeholder expectations with timely delivery of content
- Ensuring that deliverables are accurate, timely, high-quality and in accordance with Group style and branding
- Anticipating and managing problems, bringing issues into the open and taking appropriate action
- Demonstrable and experience as an Information Developer/Technical Author
- Working with distributed development teams
- Previous experience in software documentation
- Expert knowledge of Flare
- Ability to prioritise and schedule work in an organised manner
- A clear and concise writing style
- A flair for turning technical subjects and jargon into easily understood text
- IT skills
- Team-working skills
- An awareness of graphic design, and the processes involved in print and online publishing
Collinson Group is a global leader in shaping and influencing customer behaviours to drive revenue and value for clients. The group offers a unique blend of industry and sector specialists who together provide Market-leading experience in delivering products and services across four core capabilities: Loyalty, Lifestyle Benefits, Insurance and Assistance.
The group provides unrivalled insight and expertise around affluent consumers and frequent travellers, creating and delivering products and services that increase engagement, loyalty and value for customers.
We have more than 25 years’ experience, with 28 global locations, servicing over 800 clients in 170 countries, employing 1,500 staff, and managing over 20 million end customers. We have been bringing innovation to the market since inception - from launching the first independent global VIP lounge access Programme, Priority Pass™ to being the first to sell direct travel insurance in the UK through Columbus Direct and creating the first loyalty agency of its kind in the travel sector with ICLP.
Today we still invest heavily in innovation to ensure that we continue to deliver superior customer experiences.