Technical Author / Writer - Software (Scientific /Engineering)
- Role: Technical Author / Writer - Software (Scientific / Engineering)
- Salary: up to £45k DOE + 5% Bonus + Private Health etc
- Location: Worcester
Company & Role Overview
I’ve spoken to the hiring manager and the requirement is for a highly Technical Software Writer / Author who is able to provide customer-facing documentation in the form of user manuals, help files, installation guides, service information and training information.
NB: The ideal candidate will come from a Scientific / Engineering background of some description.
The day-to-day role will involve you working alongside a team of technical authors in creating English language documentation and organise the delivery of documents in German, Japanese, French and other languages. Tools utilised include MadCap Flare, MadCap Analyser, Adobe RoboHelp, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
The company is subsidiary of a larger parent organisation and this small hub is now being seen as the future of the company so a huge amount of investment is going in now so that they are well ahead of in their market and remain dominant. They have some great ideas of how to innovate, they have the ideas but they now need a strong team to help they make them a reality.
The company has been very successful and are in a considerable growth phase whereby they are almost doubling the size of the UK team - from 35 people to 60.
There would be a few week-long international paid trips to company sites - so someone who is comfortable with air travel and staying away for 1-2 week periods is essential.
Skills / experience:
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
- Experience of producing technical user manuals, online help and tutorials in a software environment
- Experience of organising localisation projects for user documentation
- Technical writing skills to accurately deliver customer-focused documentation
- Working knowledge of MadCap Flare, Adobe RoboHelp, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office products
- Experience of developing Webhelp would be an advantage
- XML and or HTML awareness
- Competence in scheduling and setting priorities
- Awareness of globalisation and localisation processes
- Ability to organize work under pressure from deadlines
- Good level of IT literacy, for example, competency in working with Microsoft Windows operating systems (for example Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server, etc.)
- Experience of configuration management, change management and defect tracking tools within software development processes would be an advantage
- Up to £45k
- Potential for remote working post probation
- up to 5% bonus
- 7% pension contribution
- Personal Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- BUPA Cash Plan
- Childcare vouchers (via salary sacrifice)
If you feel you’d be a good match for the role, please apply now. If you would like to find out more, please feel free to get in touch.
Rebel Recruiters is an equal opportunities employer
- Adobe Acrobat
- MadCap Flare
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"