Technical Author for manufacturing business. The Technical Author will be required to carry out quality of documentation and bring authoring up to a high specification.
Due to an expanding product range there will also be a requirement for the Technical Author to write new manuals from scratch, producing quality authoring and writing for a range of purposes, such as technical specifications, user guides and operating instructions. These will be rolled out to buyers, installers and users so critical the TA can simplify the products to suit a wide audience.
- Developing, drafting and release of new documentation required for both internal and external users
- Produce quality documents & manuals
- Check quality of documentation and update as required
- Manage versions of all manuals, publication, user manuals etc. to a high level of written English
- Extend product documents where required
- Transferring complex issues into a simple and readable manner
- Excellent writing skills, with experience in particular of the creation of documents with significant technical content (electronics, mechanical, engineering)
- Proven ability to interpret information from a variety of sources such as: engineering drawings, procedure manuals, marketing literature and internet research to produce clear, user-friendly documentation
- Have a good understanding of complex mechanical engineered products
- Ideally some programming knowledge as will be helping with web support
- The Technical Author consults with various departments (R&D, Production, Sales & Marketing and Project Management) to understand the requirements of each document
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word application in additions to any of the following or similar: Adobe Acrobat Creator, Photoshop, Framemaker, Solidworks Composer, Cortona3D (Siemens PLM)
- Methodical, well-organised and meticulous.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Able to work independently
- Drive ideas forward and implement first class documentation and technical authoring
- technical author