Salary: Competitive Salary Package
Hours: 37 hours per week, with possible overtime
Contract: Full time, Permanent
DCS Sonovision consists of passionate, dynamic and quality driven people who come from a wide range of backgrounds including the Aviation, Rail, IT, Financial and Defence industries. dcs-Sonovision believes that understanding the product is fundamental to creating world class documentation. This approach, and an enthusiasm for new technologies, is what bring our customers back to us time and time again.
The role - Technical Author:
Your role will focus on the creation of documentation for a new business-class jet airplane on behalf of a world-class aircraft manufacturer.
Your position will involve:
- Creating Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM) Data Modules within a Common Source
- Database (CSDB) environment using Arbortext Editor
- Compiling source data from the Customer Engineering Database to create Data Modules
- Controlling and maintaining sections of the CSDB
- Working closely with the Technical Illustrators
- Liaising with the customer engineering teams based in Switzerland
- Liaising with the on-site support team to resolve technical queries
The right candidate will have the following experience:
- Strong understanding of S1000D principles and the S1000D philosophy (Ideally v4.1)
- Strong understanding of Simplified Technical English (STE) rules
- Good understanding of Data Module Code structure and Illustration Control Numbering (ICN) structure
- Good understanding of Quality Control processes and CSDB structures
- Good working knowledge of Arbortext Editor
- Basic working knowledge of Lifecycle Management software and CSDB software
- Working with dedicated authoring and illustrating guides
- Working with Engineering Drawings, Manufacturer Production Processes and 3D Models
To be considered for this opportunity:
The right candidate will have the following skills and background:
- A pro-active approach to problem solving and investigation
- Strong communications skills and be able to work as part of an international team
- The capability to manage multiple tasks at once and providing reports to the Project Coordinator
- The ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing customer requirements
- The capability to work to tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Valid Driving Licence
Please note, candidates must successfully undergo UK Security Vetting before they can be appointed.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
- Quality Control
- Technical Author
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"