Salary Circa: £20,000 (DOE) + 23 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Long Service Reward + Company Shop + Option to Buy Additional Holidays + Early Finish Fridays
The Requirements of the Technical Assistant:
- You will ideally hold a BSc in Chemistry or a related discipline such as Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Formulation Chemistry, Cosmetic Science etc.
- Experience working with Raw Materials is required - Experience purchasing and managing stock levels of these raw materials would be beneficial
- Previous job titles you could have held include: Laboratory Technician, Laboratory Assistant, Technical Assistant, Scientific Assistant, Scientific Technician, Formulation Assistant, Assistant Chemist etc.
- You must live within a commutable distance of the laboratory which is based just east of Bradford.
The Role of the Technical Assistant:
- Assist the Technical Materials management team with running lab trials, stability testing and documentation
- Documenting and analysing results of trials and internal projects.
- Know how on internal work procedures (alternative raw material testing, documentation, transfer testing etc.)
- Planning of lab trials (Intercompany transfer, raw material topics) and running them in time based on work description
- Organising external testing and running internal testing for done trials (Stability, microscopy, challenge test etc.)
- Analysing, comparing and documenting received results using internal tools
- Organising needed material stock for lab trials (raw material, bulk, finished products, packaging etc.)
- Handling laboratory equipment (stirrer, homogeniser, scales etc.)
The Company & Opportunity
- My client is renowned for their trend-orientated products that they supply to their customers, they have a great reputation in the market for bring good at what they do, working to tight deadlines, and being one of the market-leaders in the personal care manufacturing industry
- They are expanding in the industry massively right now, it is a very exciting time to join them as they are working on some brand-new projects for some of the largest names in the beauty / personal care market
- Progression within this business is truly down to yourself to determine and drive forward depending on how you wish to grow and develop. A recent restructure undertaken will lead to a number of opportunities arising across the business in the next 3-5 years
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply now!
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
- Personal Care
- Laboratory Technicians
- Laboratory Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job