Maison du Pain is a growing business in North London. Using the finest and time tested methods, we bake our breads with passion and pride.
We are a people’s bakery. This means we seek to hire, grow and reward the most motivated and efficient people in the food industry. Our customers include prestigious hotels, restaurants, pubs and event venues in the UK and in Europe.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Assistant to join our fun and hard working team.
- Ensure that the Food Safety processes and systems are complying with the BRC standards to ensure that grade A is obtained and maintained.
- Maintain accurate and complete records to provide proof of adherence to high Food Safety standards.
- Support the training activities of Production staff
- Contribute to the management of the Health and Safety system.
- Assist with New Product Development activities
- Regular audits of our Internal hygiene and manufacturing practices.
- Various daily, weekly and monthly tasks: glass audit, calibration, sampling, etc.
- Food Safety induction for staff, collection, archiving, modification and management of all quality assurance documents
- Review of traceability system
- Quality control system on finished products
- Creation and review of specifications (raw material and finished products).
- Assist with selection of suppliers and raw materials
- Labelling compliance
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the role. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
You should ideally have:
- Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment (ideally bakery)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- experience working within a BRC accredited environment, ensuring high levels of food safety, quality processes and factory hygiene
- A degree in a related subject e.g. food science
- A genuine passion for food and the food industry
- The ability to work well in a fun, friendly and supportive team with strong influencing skills is essential
- Self confidence, positivity and assertiveness are key to being successful in this position
Successful applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
- Communication Skills
- Food Manufacturing
- Technical Support
- Quality Processes