Support Fleet Manager and Vessel Manager in compliance with SMS by providing technical support, guidance and rule regulations.
As appropriate, negotiate with Shipyards, Classification Society and Manufacturers.
Support NETA’s and Fuel Group’s sales activity to meet their client’s requirements from both technical and financial points of view.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Measurement
The Fleet Support is responsible for supporting the Fleet Manager and Vessel Manager in accordance with SMS and supporting sales activity.
- Giving necessary technical support, guidance and rule regulations to FM and VM;
- Support NETA and Fuel Group, as per FSM’s instruction;
- Negotiate with Shipyards, Classification, manufacturers and the related parties;
- Manage and share technical information (Incident report etc.) with SMJP, SMSG and related parties;
- Carry out Ship/Shore compatibility study, Ship/Ship compatibility study;
- Data management (Fleet, Shipyard and Regulation etc.) of SMUK;
- Collecting technical information through participating in committee, seminar and meetings;
- Support Marine & HSEQ with analysing vessel performance;
- Support FM and VM to manage CAPEX & OPEX;
- Support FM and VM to manage Dry Docking;
- Support FM and VM to settle Dock Indent and Specification;
- Support FM and VM to manage SIRE and Oil Major Inspection;
- Carry out HAZID and HAZOP;
- Carry out FAT for new building;
- Manage technical support, MOC (Management of Change), Operation Manual, Drawings and ship modification.
Scope of Role
- Report to FSM
- Carry on Primary Job Responsibilities and Measurement as per FSM instruction
- Support VM and FM
- Support NETA and Fuel Group
- Negotiation with Shipyard, Classification, Manufacturers and the related parties
- Support Marine & HSEQ
- Manage a technical information
- Compatibility study for Ship/Shore and Ship/Ship
- Ship Visit as per FSM instruction
- Administration for filing and document control of Fleet Support department
- Carry out projects as directed by FSM
- Based in London. Frequent worldwide travel is required, sometime at very short notice to attend vessels and FAT.
Problems / Challenges faced
- The job holder is required to keep the latest technical knowledge to meet FM, VM, Marine & HSEQ, NETA, Fuel Group requirement.
Skills, Qualifications and Expertise
- The Technical Assistant is required to qualify experience and expertise of a Naval Architect, Vessel Manager or at least 3 years in the technical department.
- Experience and knowledge of Dual Fuel Engine (Direct and Electric Motor Propulsion) and Turbine plant propulsion is highly desirable.
- Technical Support