Technical Assistant - Nights
The purpose of this role is to effectively contribute to the work of the Technical Department, to ensure that an effective technical service to the site is maintained and developed.
The post holder is responsible for monitoring the factory Quality & Food Safety Systems and for determining that quality, safety and legality are met at each stage of the process by liaising effectively with all relevant parties in a policing capacity.
- To ensure that the Company Quality and Food Safety System, Policies, Procedures and standards, safety, legality and quality requirements are enforced at factory floor level.
- To ensure that the appropriate assessments are carried out on raw materials, semi-finished products and finished products so as to ensure compliance with the relevant specifications on a daily basis as per the company schedules.
- To ensure that Factory Personal Hygiene and Food Safety Regulations are enforced at factory floor level.
- To provide Technical support to the manufacturing operation and to assist in problem solving concerning safety, legality and quality issues throughout the site in support of the Technical manager.
- To develop in conjunction with the Technical manager training. Implement and periodically audit the Quality & Food Safety System procedures. These systems will include the site Quality & Food Safety Manual; HACCP Studies; Quality & Food Safety Procedures; Work Instructions; Product Specifications; Ingredient Specifications and forms as appropriate.
- To process raw material complaints and to work with suppliers to solve any related technical problems in the absence of the Technical manager.
- To process customer complaints and to work with customers to resolve any problems relating to product safety, legality and quality in the absence of the Technical manager
- Contribute to the effectiveness of hygiene procedures and to advise on the preparation and improvement of hygiene schedules and cleaning instructions.
- To be responsible for the Health and Safety of employees with particular responsibility for those directly involved with the activities of the post holder on a due diligence basis.
- To constantly seek and implement a continuous improvement philosophy in all areas of responsibility, to train and develop others in this philosophy where appropriate.
- The role is to encompass all aspects of quality assurance associated with production and engineering.
- The post holder is expected to be able to appreciate production, quality assurance and engineering priorities from a broad business perspective.
- The nature of the role demands a flexible approach to working hours
- The post holder will act as a member of the site Food Safety/HACCP team.
- Minimum of 2 years Meat industry experience essential
- Pursuit of further qualification which were appropriate will be supported by the company
- Verbal & written communication
- Team contribution and motivational skills
- Knowledge of Food Legislation
- Knowledge of Quality & Food Safety Procedures, HACCP microbiological and analytical techniques and interpretation of results and factory and Company Procedures, Policies and Quality Standards.
- Understanding of quality, safety and legality management, manufacturing and statistical techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of organoleptic techniques and assessments of raw materials.
- Computer literacy
- Customer Complaints
- Food Safety
- Raw Materials
- Safety Regulations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"