For: Technical Assistant (Lighting)
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/06577
1 Year Fixed Contract
Salary - circa GBP22,000 - GBP24,000 k p/a DOE + shift premium (20%)
Our client is a dynamic, rewarding place to work. You would benefit from having the security of a major global chemical corporation yet working in small offices based locally. They are currently looking for a Technical Assistant (Lighting) to join their team in Godmanchester on a 1 year fixed term contract.
1 JOB PURPOSE
To support the research and development of new technologies within CDTs Light and Energy Applications Project (LEAP). In particular the development of state of the art OLED materials for large area, high efficiency general lighting applications. The role involves both fabrication of test devices and characterisation of those devices with a range of techniques. Test devices require high precision deposition using a variety of approaches, and a keen eye for both factors likely to affect device test performance and those which may become relevant for future large scale fabrication.
· Fabrication of devices using spin-coating, vacuum deposition and encapsulation techniques.
· Preparation of solutions for device fabrication.
· Providing regular feedback on fabrication; process, materials behaviour and any issues which may impact device quality or scheduling of experiments, where possible suggesting possible resolutions.
· Accurate logging details of fabrication process with provided databases.
· Support materials characterisation with electrical and optical measurements of device/materials performance as required.
· Presenting both verbal and written reports of any investigations undertaken.
· Ensuring work procedures are followed and all necessary controls are in operation.
· Maintaining high standards of housekeeping locally.
· Observing all Health and Safety policies and regulations to ensure the best care for own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by acts or omissions at work is taken.
· Working safely, use equipment and safety devices in accordance with training and standard procedures. Highlight any potential improvements to safe working practice.
3 KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
· Working primarily within the lighting materials project but also supporting the wider LEAP team where needed.
· Working closely with colleagues within a cleanroom/test environment, making shared utilisation of resources as efficient as possible.
· Effective communication with project members at all levels.
4 KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED
· Educated to degree level in an Engineering, Physics or Materials Science discipline preferably with some work experience gained in a high tech R&D/manufacturing environment.
· Experience of working in a clean room is preferred.
· Good manual dexterity.
· Experience of working with vacuum processing equipment would be preferred.
· Experience of working with computer-controlled analytical and fabrication equipment, as well as experience in printing technologies, microscopy and other thin film metrology techniques would be advantageous.
· Experience of microscopy and other thin film metrology would be an advantage.
· Experience of working with lasers would be an advantage.
· An ability to work unsupervised for long periods without losing touch with the teams aims.
· A calm and methodical approach to work during busy periods.
· An ability to solve technical problems under ones own initiative, with a willingness to seek expert assistance when required.
· An ability to react quickly and to be flexible regarding changing priorities and unexpected demands.
· Attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Computer literate with a good working knowledge of MS Excel. Experience of using MS Word and PowerPoint.
Working hours Rotating shift pattern 6.30am to 2.30pm and 12.30pm to 8.30 pm with a half an hour for lunch, Monday to Friday.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"