Technical Assistant - Lighting Products
Our client is part one of the largest suppliers of electrical accessories and exports to Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean. Established for over 50 years, the company has achieved significant growth since and is part of a market-leading, nationwide group of electrical companies with an annual turnover exceeding £600 million. They continue to expand organically as well as through acquisitions which means lots of opportunities for progression.
The role of a Technical Assistant is a key role within the business. It's a role that would suit someone with an electrical manufacturing or electrical wholesale background or even a technically minded yet personable electrician or electrical professional who is looking to come off the tools would be well suited to this role. Our client can offer a great basic starting salary, a stable career, the opportunity to progress and an uncapped annual and very lucrative bonus.
- Answer and resolve customer queries on the Technical Helpline, including fault finding over the telephone
- Log and resolve customer technical/product complaints, recording actions and outcomes
- Investigate product problems and report findings in ways understood by technical and non-technical customers (both internal and external)
- Manage technical databases and records
- Delivering product training to internal teams
- Writing product data sheets
- Goods inward inspections, determining product to be inspected and recording outcome in line with company ISO process
- Managing technical databases and records
- Assist with packaging design, including labelling
- Updating technical databases and records with latest copies of certification
- Able to identify product features and benefits, and convey them to technical and non-technical customers
- Write product reports which accurately present conclusions to technical and non-technical recipients
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with good telephone manner
What's in it for me?
- A basic salary of £22,000 - £26,000 (depending on experience and negotiable)
- A strong annual bonus linked to your performance and that of the business
- Optional membership of the excellent company pension scheme
Keywords: electrical wholesale, electrical manufacturing, technical engineer, technical sales engineer, technical assistant, technical administrator, lighting, lighting manufacturer, manufacturing
Think you have what it takes? Don't miss out, apply today!
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact James Downing at Bridgewater Resources UK
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job