At polkadotfrog, we’re looking for an experienced Technical Assistant to work for a 1 year fixed term contract role based in outskirts of Cambridge. The technical assistant will report to Senior Scientist and involve both fabrication of test devices and characterisation of those devices with a range of techniques.
It’s an exciting opportunity to support the research and development of new technologies within my clients’ Light and Energy Applications Project (LEAP) and in particular the development of state of the art OLED materials for large area, high efficiency general lighting applications.
This role requires working a rotating shift pattern 6.30am to 2.30pm and 12.30pm to 8.30 pm with a half an hour for lunch, Monday to Friday.
This candidate will test devices which require high precision deposition using a variety of approaches. Support materials characterisation with electrical and optical measurements of device/materials performance, as well as a keen eye for both factors likely to affect device test performance and those which may become relevant for future large scale fabrication. You will work closely with colleagues within a cleanroom/test environment, making shared utilisation of resources as efficient as possible.
- Accurate logging details of fabrication process with provided databases
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping locally and preparation of solutions for device fabrication
- Fabrication of devices using spin-coating, vacuum deposition and encapsulation techniques
- Providing regular feedback on fabrication; process, materials behaviour and any issues which may impact device quality or scheduling of experiments, where possible suggesting possible resolutions
- Ensuring work procedures are followed and all necessary controls are in operation
- Observing all Health and Safety policies and regulations to ensure the best care for own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by acts or omissions at work is taken
- Working safely, use equipment and safety devices in accordance with training and standard procedures. Highlight any potential improvements to safe working practice
Essential skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in an Engineering, Physics or Materials Science or related discipline
- Proven work experience in a high tech R&D/manufacturing environment
- Good manual skills with proven experience of working in a clean room environment
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Must be a good communicator at all levels of the business
- Experience and ability to work autonomously with minimum supervision
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and handle multiple projects at the same time
- A competent user of Windows computers and MS products (i.e. Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience of working with lasers or with vacuum processing equipment would be preferred
- Experience of working with computer-controlled analytical and fabrication equipment
- Experience of microscopy and other thin film metrology would be an advantage
- Experience in printing technologies, microscopy and other thin film metrology techniques would be advantageous
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"