Staffordshire • £25,000- £32,000 • Permanent
About Our Client
My Client is a leading waste management company in the area of the assessment, receipt, analysis, storage and treatment of containerised hazardous and non hazardous wastes. This includes such wastes as paints, resins, acids, alkalis etc......
Due to strong growth an opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified graduate to join our technical waste assessment team. The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years experience in hazardous waste management in assessment or an associated area.
Working within a fast paced, challenging environment, your valued contributions will support our client in their endeavour to achieve the position as the UK`s premier packaged waste environmental services provider.
Job Description for the Technical Assessor
As a Technical Assessor your main role is to assess and characterise incoming waste streams and route according to the systems and procedures. To liaise with the sales and operations teams to ensure client service is maintained with respect to assessment and receipt of wastes. To update our computer system to ensure that assessment and routing knowledge is stored, updated accordingly and easily accessed. To contribute to our technical team meetings to improve the efficiency of our site.
The Successful Technical Assessor
- A minimum of two years experience in the assessment, classification and routing of hazardous and non hazardous waste using all current legislation.
- Computer literate with fluency in all Microsoft applications, SAP experience would be an advantage
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Comfortable working within a team and contributing to its success
- Comfortable working on your own using your own initiative
- Work logically and make reasoned decisions based on experience and objective information
Benefits Package for the role of Operations Manager
Excellent Technical Assessor level salary and benefits package reflective of the size and responsibility of the role, including:
- 20 days holiday rising to 25 days based on length of service
Apply for this job
If you are interested in this position, please click APPLY
DMA specialise in executive search and selection of senior and middle management opportunities within the Commercial, Operations, Sales and Marketing, IT and Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have many further opportunities available in these sectors on the DMA website.
Key words: Assessor,Waste management, chemist, hazardous
- Waste management