Technical Architect - Enterprise Level E-commerce/Travel Organisation
A leading travel and e-commerce business, who are undergoing a massive period of growth, are looking to hire a Technical Architectto be at the forefront of designing and implementing high quality systems for the group.
You’d be joining a brand that have more than 25 years’ experience, with 28 global locations and managing over 20 million end customers.
The ideal Architect will come from a B2C or B2B2C backgrounds, have excellent good communication skills, strong agile knowledge and ideally an understanding of APIs. Their current systems are predominantly C# based but they have plans to use Java and open source technologies on upcoming projects, so a polyglot Architect would be preferred.
- The technical architect will work closely with senior management to work on new business development ideas. Balancing innovation with reuse to find commercially viable solutions.
- Working with Group Architecture to define Standards and Principles to be used across development teams and promote architectural strategies; Ensuring TDD, BDD principles are being implemented.
- Working with Business and Technology to estimate, plan and cost technical projects. Providing estimates at a high level pre-project, and reviewing estimates on an ongoing basis once the project is inflight.
- Working to Agile principles and practices to assist project management in preparing projects, prior to full team involvement.
- To work with technical teams to design, develop and deliver high quality tested code.
- Communicating clearly with management on the statuses of projects within the technical architect’s responsibility.
- Working on Agile project sprint cycles, continually reviewing, planning and working with project management and business analysts to feed into the next sprints.
- To coach and mentor team members. Ensuring the team understands language/framework capabilities and best practice in terms of architecture, design and development.
- Apply architectural and engineering concepts to design solutions that meet business requirements, considering scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, flexibility, availability and manageability
- Able to construct conceptual and logical architectures from business requirements using standard tools and techniques for modelling
- Responsible for defining technical architectural requirements for inclusion in development programmes
- Lead on Component based Architecture principles and ensure solutions are maximized for reuse, applying SOA with Web Services via RESTful APIs, on Apigee API Management Platform.
- Use appropriate tools to contribute to the development of systems architectures supported by the production of detailed component specifications, translatable into detailed designs
- At least 3 years Technical Architecture experience in a software environment
- At least 5 years Development experience in a software environment
- Knowledge and experience of agile methodology for project delivery.
- Demonstrable experience in an Architecture role on complex projects.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing SOA and Web Services.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering Process Improvements across Architecture tasks
- Experience of Architectural Frameworks (TOGAF, Zachmann)
- Experience of working across multiple delivery organisations practising distributed development in a global environment
- Experience of working multi-disciplined development teams, including external vendors and agencies providing services for projects.
- The ability to demonstrate through examples, the effective management of stakeholder relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Experience of projects in Travel, Insurance, Loyalty and Benefits sectors highly desirable
- Technical Architecture