Are you an experienced technical Graduate looking for a change? Are you frustrated with the current pace of your progression and hoping to fast track your career? Do you want to develop a career in Technical Architecture through working on the large-scale software and data platforms used by thousands of UK schools?
We are looking for ambitious, talented and driven Technical Graduates with 2 to 3 years' experience to become our Technical Experts and/or senior Technical Managers of the future. If you have experience in software development and you're either looking for a step up in your career or a sideways move to an organisation who can offer you more opportunity than your current company can, this could be an opportunity for you.
At RM you will help us design, build and operate the cloud software and data platforms used daily by thousands of UK schools and millions of students. You'll have the opportunity to work with a range of technologies, including Java, .NET, MS SQL Server, SQL Data warehouse and the Microsoft Azure cloud. All of our platforms need to operate at scale, and will deliver a broad range of technical challenges that will give you the opportunity to progress your career in Technical Architecture.
We are looking for candidates who will inspire future product development and lead the technical design and implementation of our School Management Information System (MIS), RM Integris. A solution designed to provide valuable insights from school data through a powerful suite of recording, analysis and reporting tools that pulls together all assessment, attendance, behaviour, pupil and staff data within one system to help schools utilise teaching resources and maximise pupils' learning.
RM Integris is the second largest, but fastest growing, MIS provider in the Education market. This role offers an opportunity to join the team at a hugely exciting time where we are challenging previous thinking around MIS solutions and what they should offer schools. We are targeting ambitious growth and retention, and passionately believe that we have a fantastic platform ready to be taken on to the next level.
If you are looking for this type of challenge and you consider yourself to be innovative, hardworking, passionate about developing and designing solutions for customers and able to think differently about how we could help schools embed the use of RM Integris and get the very most out of it then please contact us.
- Specify solutions, producing high level designs for products which are technically achievable, estimated and appropriate in terms of cost ensuring the proposed design meets the specified business requirements.
- Software Development & Operational Support
- Guide delivery teams to deliver solutions as specified
- Understand selling market and technology market trends
- Define roadmaps for one or more service or product domains
Skills & experience
- Works closely with off-shore development teams on active projects to ensure effective and timely solution delivery.
- Responsive and pro-actively involve themselves in development, undertaking off-shore visits as appropriate.
- Demonstrates ownership of technical design and produces simple, elegant and cost-effective solutions.
- Is confident to make tough technical decisions, showing good judgement and escalating when appropriate.
- Significant experience of 'hands-on' software development.
- Seeks the challenge of working across a varied range of technologies, platforms and languages (including Java, .NET, MS SQL Server, SQL Data warehouse and the Microsoft Azure cloud)
- Experience of technically leading software development projects.
- Drives to overcome solution gaps and technical issues and is an effective trouble-shooter.
- Is able to help offshore teams effectively overcome technical and process issues in order to facilitate successful solution delivery.
- Demonstrates an accurate, thorough understanding of customer needs and issues and drives product change according to this understanding.
- Demonstrates clear thinking on the future of their products and services and is able to confidently articulate the evolution of the product and technical solution.