Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45,000 staff.Job Description
Please note that the working hours for this role are as follows: Monday to Friday 09.00 - 17.00 however you will need an element of flexibility as overtime and weekend work may be required.
It is important to note that during the first few months in this role occasional travel to Harrogate will be required. This will also include around 2 weeks working in Harrogate to learn the method, before validation and accreditation at Acton
This is an exciting time for an experienced Technical Lead to join us in Acton to set up, validate and accredit the 16 component Cannabinoid analysis via UHPLC to ISO17025:2017. The role will suit someone who has a strong sense of excitement and drive within this industry as it offers potential for further development.
A role at Eurofins is challenging and varied each and every day. In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package to reward our great people for all the hard work they do.
- To drive internal processes relating to reporting results to ensure right and on time analysis.
- To ensure we have tools in place to support the client team manage customers ensuring they are receiving feedback and results in a timely manner
- To develop additional methods to enhance the CBD proposition as required, eg client specific methods for encapsulated products or LC-MS
- To manage the subcontracting of associated analysis
- Responsible for validating CBD methods in our Acton lab allowing for the basic CBD testing to be transferred from Harrogate to Acton
- Responsible for managing the work flow in the laboratory and all aspects of CBD Testing
- Supporting development of methods as the industry and legislation evolves.
- Supporting technical enquiries from customers and informing technical information to inform any lobbying positions
- Lead the sub sampling of products for any work that is subcontracted to other Eurofins laboratories (e.g. metals and pesticides)
- Ensure all results are reported on time and accurately.
- Ensure all members of the team are suitably trained and are reporting results right and on time
- Ensure all Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures are fully implemented and adhered to, and improvements are driven from the team
- Put in place processes to ensure test results 'do not fall between the gaps’ and each member in the team is delivering a good service to our customers
- Act as a role model at all times, promoting fairness, teamwork and safe working practices
- Supervise staff in your team to ensure efficient operation of production shift and the effective running of production lines
- Provide direction and training to your team to ensure you drive performance and create a positive, encouraging work environment
- Effective and timely attendance management of staff in line with company policy
- Performance management of team to ensure production targets are met
- Holiday authorisation - well planned in accordance with operational requirements
- Recruitment of new staff and ensuring engaging and informative induction in place that gives new starter key skills and techniques to perform their role to a high standard
- Carry out team probationary reviews
- Manage investigation and discipline / grievance meetings as / where necessary
- Absence management including return to work interviews, WFM paperwork completion
- Hold team appraisals in line with company policy
- Assess the strengths & weaknesses of team to identify training needs and ensure the team work cohesively
- Managing and updating training matrices
- Run team briefing meetings on a regular basis to keep team updated and briefed on key matters relating to the site, customer and the team, encouraging clear communication
- Lead site induction and Health and Safety induction for new starters
- It is essential that you have an understanding of food and water testing
- A working understanding of ISO 17025 is essential
- You will have solid experience of working with analytical chromatography instrumentation in relation to food testing
- An understanding of food manufacturing processes and the role food testing plays in the wider supply chain
- Knowledge of the CBD industry is advantageous
- Experience of working with water testing is desirable
- Experience of chromatography method development, ideally UHPLC and/or LCMS
- A detailed understanding of LIMs systems
- Strong written and verbal communication
- A passion for delivering great service
In return you can expect a competitive salary, 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, good team and working environment, life assurance and other benefits such as Perkbox, car parking and employee assistance programme.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.