Technical and R & D Advisor
Location: Chester Road, Hurleston, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 6BU
Our client was established as a partnership in 1974 by the Schofield Brothers, John, Mark and Paul Schofield in Nantwich. The business has grown organically into the leading independent salvage management company in the UK, operating across two Cheshire sites with over 40 acres of vehicle storage and processing facilities. With ISO14001: 2015 and ISO 27001: 2013 accreditation their vision is to remain the largest independent salvage management company in the motor trade in the United Kingdom. Due to continuing growth and expansion a superb opportunity has arisen for a Technical & R & D Advisor with an automotive or vehicle mechanics background to join their Group.
As a Technical and R & D Advisor you will be the driving force behind the understanding of latest vehicle technology and will have a full understanding or interest in acquiring knowledge of how new vehicle and mechanical systems affecting the salvage and vehicle recycling industry operate including the health and safety aspects affecting the workforce and keeping up to date with the latest technological issues and reporting on the same to Management to ensure the highest standards are maintained. You must have the ability to communicate at all levels as you will be the “problem solver” for technical issues that arise during the working day.
If you have a passion for cars or anything mechanical and the thought of sitting behind a desk gives you itchy feet then this is the job for you-
Requirements of the Technical and R & D Advisor:
- “Hands on” with an excellent technical knowledge of cars and their components.
- Technical knowledge of vehicle electrical systems
- Ability to dismantle and practical experience in removing all vehicle parts
- Excellent communicator to enable full liaison with workshop supervisors
- Ability to research, react, implement and report to Management changing issues likely to affect the operation of salvage management industry
- Ability to discuss and problem solve at all levels
- Ability to deal with external and internal challenges
- Excellent Computer/IT Skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and innovative
- Good communicator
- A positive attitude, common sense approach and plenty of initiative
If you think you have the right skills and are the right person to join their team them they want to hear from you. Please apply with a full CV outlining your experience and how you meet the requirements of the role.
In return they can offer an excellent salary with additional benefits available.
This is a permanent position with full time working preferred.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Technical and R & D Advisor role then please apply now!