Our client is an established and highly successful manufacturer of protein based food products situated near Newark, Nottinghamshire.
In line with their strategy for growth they now need to appoint a Technical Manager reporting to the COO.
This is a rare opportunity to join a great company investing in new plant and equipment to support its ongoing strategy for growth. The Technical Manager is a key element of this strategy and the successful candidate will be an influential member of the senior management team with opportunities for ongoing career development.
The job specification below is still in draft form as the role will depend very much on the individual skills and experience the successful candidate brings to the position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and Co-ordinate the Quality Assurance Team as it grows
- Comply and identify the areas of improvement for Food Safety and Quality Management Systems, Procedures and HACCP
- Liaise with Depot Quality Assurance Managers on promoting the continuous quality improvements.
- Liaise with Technical Admin on customer complaints and implement root causes and corrective actions.
- Compile Retail Pack and On-line Specifications
- Ensure all calibrations, networking and consumables for QA equipment are in specification
- Deal and liaise with contractors and suppliers
- Training and Development of team members
- Conduct Traceability Audits and HACCP Verifications
- Assist with BRC & Customer specific audits
Core responsibilities will include:
- Management of raw material suppliers into site - working with core strategic suppliers to develop their systems to enhance processes and improve quality of product supplied to the site.
- Driving improvements in raw materials specifications and involvement in strategic sourcing decisions and raw material tenders offering technical support.
- Site Quality Management System ensuring in line with Retailer and BRC requirements
- Ensuring site processes are in line with retailer Codes of Practice and customer audit requirements
- Working closely with site NPD team to ensure retailer technical requirements are implemented and adhered to as part of the development process.
Qualifications and Skills
The Ideal Candidate:
- You will be an experienced Technical Manager from within the food manufacturing sector.
- You will be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experienced in audit and compliance with BRC
- Have cooked protein background
- Exhibit strong leadership qualities to include good communication skills, persuasive and a good influencer, attention to detail with good planning skills, commercial awareness.
Salary to £45,000 (neg), depending on experience plus company benefits. Happy to discuss salary with candidates who like the sound of the role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Food Manufacturing
- Quality Assurance
- Technical Product Management