Contract Technical Analyst
Dorchester, 3 month contract, £125 day rate
What will your role look like?
The purpose of this job is to ensure that colleagues within the company get the best from the technology available to them through the provision of a high availability and resilient network and the delivery of associated services. You will help ensure that colleagues can connect to the network anytime, anywhere and help secure the Partnership through the design and delivery of business continuity and disaster recovery arrangements. You will be an integral part of Problem and Incident Resolution Teams and work with the Service Design and Transition Team to design and on-board new services.
Other duties will include:
- Support the design and maintain the technical architecture of the Partnership.
- Assist with the design, test and deployment of technical solutions.
- Help ensure the availability and integrity of the network and associated resources, managing
- performance and escalating risks and issues as required.
- Ensure security of the network through technical design, product deployment and application of
- associated IT policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, industry and legal standards.
- With the Senior Technical Analyst, proactively plan for and ensure that appropriate levels of connectivity are maintained across the Partnership at all times.
- Carry out agreed operational procedures, including network configuration, installation and
- maintenance of current and future equipment within the IT estate, conduct of back- ups and business continuity arrangements.
- Support the Senior Technical Analyst ensuring that the business has adequate business continuity plans in place and that commensurate Disaster Recovery plans are in place and fully
- Deputise for the Senior Technical Analyst when required
- Form an integral part of Problem and Incident Management Teams and Service Design and Transition Teams when required to do so.
- Support the Senior Technical Analyst in supporting and mentoring to staff within the IT service, including promotion of emerging technology awareness among staff and training for the development of new skills to support service delivery.
- Develop and maintain relationships with third party suppliers.
- The duties and responsibilities in this job are not restrictive and the post holder may be required on occasion to undertake other duties. This will not substantially change the nature of the post.
What would we like from you?
- Technical infrastructure skills in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of various connectivity solutions and ability to support the design, installation and management of these for the Partnership.
- Ability to create and maintain basic technical documentation.
- Understanding of and ability to ensure compliance with associated licensing models.
- Understanding of and the ability to maintain compliance with PSN standards.
- Ability to apply the Partnership's IT policies and procedures efficiently and effectively.
- Accreditation to MCSE level or equivalent
What you'll get in return:
You will be working with a diverse mix of individual talents and learn from the best. This is your chance to be part of something special.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'