Job Title: Technical Analyst Location: Newcastle Salary: Up to £40,000 + Benefits Duration: Permanent 37.5
Job Title: Technical Analyst
Salary: Up to £40,000 for the right candidate + Benefits
Hours: 37.5 Hours a Week, Monday to Friday
Technical Analyst's Role The Technical Analyst's role is to ensure that the technical solutions required to meet business requirements are properly evaluated, designed and implemented so that they are fit for purpose. They will continuously review & update the Group IT team. Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives
- Provide expertise, direction, and assistance to all teams (IT/users/contractors)
- Design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems
- Contribute to test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance, Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement
- Review new and existing systems design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans
- Review and analyse existing applications' effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop solutions for improving these systems.
- Design, develop, and install enhancements and upgrades to systems and application software when needed.
- Develop and encourage the development of best practices and tools for development execution and management.
- Flexible during times of change; willing to work evenings & weekends
- A University degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Extensive practical experience of delivery of integrated software solutions.
- Demonstrable experience in software development ideally with certifications in appropriate development technologies and/or methodologies.
- Experience of collaborating with off-shore development teams.
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Experienced in database design and file management techniques.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Able to travel to remote sites to assist with project deployments
- Retail environment & working with retail systems: POS, PEDs, HHT's, ERP, barcodes & tills.
Additional Notes / Desired Skills
- Ability to produce batch scripts and SQL scripting; developing SQL queries and a working understanding of databases
- Working knowledge of Windows Server
- Working with Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and deploying an Office 365 environment
- Networks and a good understanding of how a corporate network infrastructure is supported.
- Oracle/RetailJ knowledge preferable but not essential
- Active-Directory scripting, and working knowledge of how AD is managed and scripts deployed.
- Good all-round working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of 'Basic' programming (for hand held devices)
- Knowledge of IBM iSeries RPG & CL programming & query development
- BarTender - label printing software, or similar.
Benefits You will also have the opportunity to work with an excellent employer offering a competitive salary and benefits. Call To Action
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or call us now. Please note that relevant experience is essential for this role.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career or if you know someone else who is suitable we offer a £500 refer a friend scheme.
Office 365, Navision, Azure, AD, Active directoryu, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, Windows server, vmware, technical analyst, 3rd line support, 3rd line engineer, 2nd line engineer, senior engineer, Newcastle , Newcastle upon tyne, north east
- technical analyst
- senior engineer
- Office 365
- Windows server
- 3rd line support
- Group Policies
- 2nd line engineer
- north east
- Newcastle upon tyne
- 3rd line engineer
- Active directoryu
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job