Are you looking for a new role as a Technical Advisor? You will have a good knowledge of social media content and will be part of a busy team dealing with end customers, via social media, Telephone, E Mails and Letters. A key part of this role will be supporting the customer service team with Technical queries and answering social media questions for a mower and tractor company in Newton Aycliffe on a full time basis.
- Responding to social media content
- Providing technical support to the customer service team
- Handling high volume telephone calls in areas such as parts sales, technical enquiries and providing product information
- Responding to consumer correspondence and e-mails
- The position is mainly office based at Newton Aycliffe however some degree of travel may be required to support business activities.
- Duties will include advising on technical issues on our full range of consumer garden equipment
- Supporting the aftersales manager and the After Sales Team in all aspects of consumer support for the UK.
- Providing technical support via the helpdesk for all group consumer products.
- Providing customer answers to social media questions
- Keeping accurate records on applicable systems
- Robotic mower installation advice
- Being a team player, but able to work on own initiative
- Being able to clearly investigate and explain technical solutions to the customer service team and to end customers
- Preferably, you will be qualified to "GCSE" / A level or above in Math's
- You will have excellent communication and organisational skills, good grammar and be PC literate.
- A good knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Office applications
- A good knowledge of social media content
- Childcare vouchers
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Canteen on site
- Free parking
- Life assurance of a minimum of 5 times the salary
- Pension of a minimum of 4% and a maximum of 8% (matched by the company)
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
- social media
- customer service
- technical advisor