We are working with a leading furniture business who are looking for a Technical Administrator for a 1-year Fixed Term contract (maternity cover). You do not need prior experience as a furniture Product Technologist as full training will be given, however we are looking for someone with some experience working with consumer products, and who has a passion to learn and progress as a Product Technologist / Product Developer within this sector.
You will assist with Compliance and Product Development across furniture (both upholstered & hard lines), decorative accessories, lighting and textiles, looking at new product development and quality, working with testing houses and global suppliers and manufacturers. A passion for furniture and product is key for this role, along with a highly organised and deadline driven nature.
This is a great opportunity to really kick start your career within furniture and compliance, and to join this business as they continue to grow and expand.
Duties and Responsibilities as Technical Administrator will include:
- Working closely with the design and buying teams from initial stages of development and throughout production, providing technical input
- Understand the critical path of projects so you know that products are being delivered on time and to the correct spec
- Maintenance of technical data, audit records, spreadsheets and trackers
- Assist the Senior Product Technologist with audits on behalf of the Company, liaising with factories and independent audit companies as required
- Work closely with vendors, maintaining supplier relationships and ensuring all necessary information is given in a timely manner
- Assist the Senior Product Technologist with reviewing artwork and packaging safety text, ensuring that all information is accurate and compliant prior to final sign off stage
- Liaise with external testing houses as necessary, obtaining and storing all required certification
- Take an active interested in sustainability within production cycle, working with vendors to ensure products are being made as ethically as possible
- Be keen to learn about, understand and interpret manufacturing standards, test certificates and product regulations
- Complete any necessary administrative tasks, including maintenance of company files and product trackers as necessary
- Provide support and assistance to the wider team as required
Qualifications and experience required for this Technical Administrator position:
- 1+ years’ experience with consumer products
- A genuine passion for furniture is a must
- A great multitasker, with the ability to manage multiple schedules and reports simultaneously
- Numerate, accurate, and confident dealing with large data sets and data bases
- Highly organised, very time aware and deadline driven
- Solid Microsoft Office skills, including Excel (VLOOKUP’s, Pivot Tables, etc)
- A natural people person, who can communicate clearly and positively, both internally and externally
- Motivated, flexible, and a passionate team player with a can-do attitude
- Consumer Products
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'