Salary: Staring at £18,000
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent
About the Company
Specialising in Motor Insurance, we pride ourselves on delivering first class service, ensuring the customer has a smooth and stress-free experience. With big ambitions for the future, we are looking for individuals who want to join an award winning, Champion Status Investors In People Company. The Company are also proud to be classified as one of the best companies to work for in the UK on the Sunday Times list. Benefits for working with the company include;
22 days annual leave plus bank holidays, competitive pension scheme, dress down Fridays!
- Managing claims caseload in accordance with the Markerstudy claims philosophy, claims handling procedures and service levels.
- Adhering to agreed personal authority limits, referring to line manager for authorisation where activity exceeds such limits.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements (including "treating customers fairly" principles).
- Responding promptly and pro-actively to incoming telephone calls and correspondence by use of telephone, e-mail and letter.
- Controlling claim cost by achieving most economical settlement, through good use of liability and quantum arguments and effective negotiation.
- Maintaining good file discipline and accurate reserves, together with an effective diary system which ensures that cases are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues and business partners.
- Pro-actively managing personal training and development requirements.
- Undertaking general claims tasks, as required.
- Where applicable, to adhere to Company processes with regard to FCA compliance and Treating Customers Fairly
- Where applicable, to ensure that DPA, FCA, TCF and other regulatory requirements are met
- Previous insurance experience not essential, full training to be provided
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workloads
- Willingness to develop self and new skills
- Ability to work with flexibility in a proactive claims environment
- Good market knowledge
- Good commercial awareness