Advancing People Recruitment is currently working alongside a well-established Bedford company, who due to company growth are seeking a Technical Sales Administrator to join their team.
This position is to support the internal sales / applications team in providing product support, quotations and processing customer orders to customers worldwide. To respond efficiently to telephone and e-mail enquires daily. Select and quote product solutions and provide basic technical support for products.
- Receive enquiries from customers by e-mail or telephone
- Prepare quotations using standard price lists, checking margins are in line with acceptable levels.
- Refer any enquiries outside own levels of approval to an authorised person
- Create quotations using standard templates and send via e-mail or telephone
- Review and process orders received by completing paperwork, including any technical instructions and pass to the Operations Department for MRP data entry
- Providing exceptional customer service to exceed customers' expectations.
- Identifying customer requirements for new products or spare parts using technical drawings and technical documentation.
- Maintaining good relationships and communication with the customer to ensure they are updated throughout the order process.
- Being proactive in your approach to complicated or urgent orders.
- General administration duties as required.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- Basic understanding of technical drawings and technical documentation
- General understanding of mechanical engineering concepts
- Provide our customers with a superior service in every respect, from making first contact and understanding their needs to providing quotations and information quickly
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
- Good level of maths skills - e.g. margin, percentage and VAT calculations
- Good telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and hardworking
- Smart appearance and professional attitude.
- Ability to prioritise
- Calm under pressure
- A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach
In return, our client is offering a salary of up to £25,000 DOE with excellent benefits.
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.
- mechanical Engineering
- Technical drawings