A leading tax and actuarial consulting company seeks a Technical Administrator to join their busy team in Newport.
The role will involve both technical processing and providing a helpline service in relation to tax products and mileage related work. Full training on the job will be provided to enable the successful candidate to fulfill their role, but our client is looking for strong competencies in the below areas;
- Audit mileage logs and advise employees of inaccuracies providing guidance as appropriate
- Processing data through large spreadsheets
- Taking responsibility for quality of own work and check others
- Liaise with clients on a regular basis, as well as the payroll department
- Answer technical/mileage queries helpline through telephone and email
- Run, filter, sort and validate reports and understand HMRC guidelines for business and private mileage rules
- Work with partners who are remote to the main office requiring taking careful instructions over the phone
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, with great attention to detail and a customer focused approach. You must be reliable and flexible, with the ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines. Ideally candidates will have previous experience of working within the financial services industry ideally within pensions, tax or payroll administration and be confident at working with data and figures. Alternatively our client will consider bright graduates who have a strong can do professional attitude and have a desire to learn and secure a role within financial services.
If working within a fast moving professional services environment sounds like the right move for you and you feel you have the skill set that matches the above criteria, this could be the opportunity for you.