Technical Accounting Manager - About the Role
With the introduction of several complex International Financial Reporting Standards over the next 2-3 years, a business need has developed for a Technical Accounting Manager to join our clients Financial and Regulatory Reporting team in London.
With extensive relevant experience and expertise either gained in a Big 4 audit firm or in a large, complex multinational organisation, the Technical Accounting Manager will lead all aspects of implementing and embedding the new standards across the businesses.
You will act as the subject matter expert across the Market Unit to lead on technical reporting matters, which will involve working closely not only with the Division team but also leading on technical matters with the business units’ finance teams. This role will provide technical guidance ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards and developments and support the delivery of sound financial statements.
Technical Accounting Manager - Duties:
- Lead the evaluation and implementation of new accounting standards across the division, including IFRSs 9, 15, 16 and 17. Understand and propose solutions to issues arising from the impacts of the standards and manage the embedding of the changes across the divisions business units.
- Lead the training of business unit finance teams on the principal changes to their reporting as a result of new IFRS standards
- Support the divisions compliance with the Group’s reporting framework, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting and regulatory standards and developments, particularly IFRS and Solvency II. This will include carrying out research and keeping up to date with accounting standards and developments, liaising with other functions, conducting impact analyses, briefing stakeholders and implementing plans as appropriate.
Statutory and other reporting
- Technical reviews of MU prepared statutory accounts
- Lead the divisions compliance with Group technical accounting and reporting policies, both at market unit level and across the divisions business units
- Advise on hot topics and in particular, although not exclusively, anticipate and advise the divisions management and business units on challenges arising from the changes to IFRSs.
- Support specific areas of the divisions reporting requirements and work with business units to find solutions to accounting matters and complex technical challenges.
- Raise the capability of the Financial Reporting team and the divisions Business Unit finance teams, including the development and provision of regular and timely training to key individuals within the Financial Reporting team and business unit finance teams as relevant.
- Deal with any queries with Auditors on technical accounting and regulatory matters.
- To lead on ad-hoc projects to ensure that all issues are resolved and fully reported.
Technical Accounting Manager - The ideal candidate
- Qualified Accountant.
- Post graduate qualification / Membership of recognised professional body (ACA, ACCA preferred).
- Strong IFRS knowledge
- Previous insurance industry experience and Solvency II reporting knowledge would be an advantage
- Experienced professional with relevant transferable skills gained from working within large multinational or complex organisations.
- Demonstrated high calibre financial understanding and capability, with a clear commercial awareness.
- Ability to interpret detailed accounting and reporting guidance and present to senior management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with a proven ability to bridge financial knowledge-gaps.
- Strong stakeholder management experience, building and strengthening relationships within the business at all levels.
- Adaptable to business change and a fast-paced environment with a growth agenda.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, managing conflicting tasks, senior demands and deadlines
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to explain complex financial reporting matters in a language which is suitable for financial and non-financial stakeholders
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
- A track record of personal and career growth through exceeding expectations and objectives.
- Proven initiative and desire to contribute beyond the core expectations of the role.
- Willing to provide support, advice, and assistance in the development of colleagues.
Technical Accounting Manager - About the Company
Human Capital Partners are working with a market leading Global Insurer to appoint this key role to a £3.5bn international division.
- Accounting Standards
- Big Four
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job