Salary up to £45,000 + Excellent benefits
Do you have experience writing technical guidance? Are you newly qualified ACA and looking for that next step? If you've answered YES, then this could be the career move for you!
This is an excellent role for someone with a strong technical grounding, excellent writing skills and an interest in media/publishing to join our expert audit and accounting author team.
Croner-i are a leader in content for the Accountancy, Compliance, HR and Health & Safety sector. We have a fantastic reputation and client base within this industry and have aggressive growth plans for the next 3 years. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and privately owned business as a Technical Accountant reporting into the Accountancy Content Manager.
Day to day responsibilities
- Assist more experienced author team members across a wide variety of print and online CCH products by doing initial work on:
- Updating detailed auditing tools/programmes and disclosure checklists in excel;
- Preparing online and events training materials (slides and notes);
- Practice management manuals and tools; and
- Accounting and audit commentary and analysis products.
- Work on the publishing process including author reviews of editorial work/proofs
- Maintain accounting/auditing standards and company legislation on CCH Online to ensure that:
- Prospective amendments are turned into effective amendments at the appropriate time;
- Links point to the correct/up to date versions of standards; and
- New content is added when needed
- Assist the customer support and sales teams with customer queries
- Writing and maintaining quick links on CCH Online to drive cross-selling
- Assemble a list of websites to check for news & changes in the A&A and specialist arenas and check regularly to make sure we pick up changes
- Qualified ACA - associate or new manager level
- Experience of working within an accounting practice environment, typically within the audit function
- Professional knowledge of and strong technical grounding in the areas of auditing and IFRS and UK GAAP accounting
- A working knowledge of more specialist areas and sectors such as money laundering, Solicitors Accounts Rules, housing associations, charities and academies would be useful
- Proven writing skills, including the ability to convey complex themes in an accessible way to a variety of audiences with varying levels of expertise
- We have fantastic new offices in the Heart of London, Blackfriars
- Career development
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holiday
- Profit share scheme (non contractual)
- Company Pension
- Discounted membership to various companies
- Subsidised canteen
- Free Gym on site
- Fruit every Thursday
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job