Technical 3rd Line Support Analyst - Knutsford
Are you a technically-minded professional with experience in operations support?
This is an opportunity to join the UK's leading distributor of electrical equipment as a 3rd line Technical Support Analyst.
You'll be based at their Service Centre in Knutsford which supports 350+ business locations across the UK. The group already employ over 4,500 people and have an impressive turnover of £1.2 billion.
As a Technical Support Analyst, you will become a key part of the company's Systems and Procedures Department. Your responsibilities will include:
· Managing the company's core infrastructure, including monitoring systems for security, availability and performance
· Advising on matters affecting the technical configuration of the hardware, operating systems and software in use across the company
· Identifying and proactively managing risks relating to computer systems
· Providing a technical point of escalation for colleagues
Essential Technical Skills
As a Technical Support Analyst, you should have:
· Extensive experience of maintaining Head Office IT infrastructure: Microsoft Active Directory, print services, Exchange/O365, SQL and storage
· Extensive experience of troubleshooting email delivery issues
· Extensive experience of maintaining routers, firewalls & VPN's
· Extensive experience of backup and restore technologies
· Extensive experience of desk-side support
· Knowledge of IT Security technologies and platforms
· 5+ years' experience of operations support
These technical skills are also desirable:
· Experience of virtualisation technologies
· Experience of IIS and Linux
· Experience of software licensing compliance and configuration management
· Knowledge of IOS and Android platforms
· Knowledge of ITIL
Essential Professional Skills
The business is looking for thorough, methodical and analytical individuals with the following skills:
· Able to identify opportunities for process improvement
· Strong organisational and time management skills
· Implementation planning skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Able to contribute to detailed systems architecture documentation
· Knowledge of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
· An awareness of emerging technologies
You'll receive a starting salary between £28,000-£32,000 (depending on experience) plus a generous annual bonus. The role is based at the company's Head Office in the centre of Knutsford. There is a supportive and friendly working environment and an on-site canteen which provides free lunches. You will also have the option to join the company's excellent pension scheme.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, apply today to find out more!