Hollis is a leading international, independent real estate consultancy. We work with owners, occupiers, developers and funders, across both private and public sectors, to help them get more out of their real estate, at every stage of the property life cycle.
Established in 1991 in London, we’re now a multi-skilled team of surveyors, engineers, technical specialists, consultants and project managers operating across the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe.
We are committed to delivering and maintaining a sustainable built environment and are recognised specialists in due diligence surveys, measured surveys, project management, cost management, party walls, rights of light, M&E and environment, energy & sustainability.
Our mission is to continue to grow and be leaders in global commercial real estate consulting.
Because that creates opportunities for our people which means that we attract and retain the best.
Don’t just take our word for it though: we’ve been recognised as one of the Best Places to Work in Property for the third year running by Property Week, the leading publication in the industry.
We are now recruiting a Team Secretary in our Birmingham office to work within a team of secretaries who provide full secretarial support to the Fee Earning staff who are spread across our 23 offices.
- Producing accurate reports, letters and other documents in accordance with Malcolm Hollis standard formats, meeting any agreed deadlines.
- Accurate and up to date filing of correspondence and other documentation.
- Planning, monitoring and control of own workload.
- Managing own and Surveyors diaries efficiently.
- Processing expense claims and travel arrangements for Surveyors.
- Following all departmental procedures including Health & Safety support to surveyors
- Operating a variety of standard office equipment, including photocopier, fax, telephone, binding machines and CD burning equipment.
- Other ad-hoc secretarial and administration responsibilities.
- Working within a team and assisting other members of the secretarial team to ensure efficiency of the department is kept to a maximum.
- Ad-hoc Facilities and H&S responsibilities
What you’ll bring
- Extensive experience in digital dictation
- Accurate typing speeds, minimum 45-50 wpm
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications with intermediate experience in editing and formatting Excel documents
- Experience of working with Microsoft Outlook would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience within a similar secretarial role
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with clients, all levels of staff and other external contacts are essential.
- A professional and can-do attitude
- Self-motivation, flexibility and the ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisational abilities and a good eye for detail
The ideal candidate will have a professional and can-do attitude, be self-motivated, flexible and be able to prioritise and multi-task. He/she will have excellent organisational abilities to be able to balance different tasks ensuring deadlines are met whilst maintaining highest levels of accuracy. European languages are desirable.
Why join us?
We have a unique company spirit. Challenging and supportive. Enthusiastic and progressive. Successful and fun. We’re independently-owned and independently-minded, not afraid to give honest advice or to be ourselves.
At Malcolm Hollis, you’ll accelerate your career and become an expert in your field. We’ll match your ambition with opportunities to stretch yourself and grow into whatever you choose.
Our package includes:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days of holiday + an extra day off on your birthday
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme/season ticket loans
We are a sociable bunch and host pay day drinks, quarterly lunches, quiz nights and cultural and sporting activities to socialise and have fun with your colleagues.
Your health and well-being are very important to us so we have an Employee Assistance Programme to support you through life’s ups and downs, gym discount and all our offices have fresh fruit baskets delivered weekly. We are also happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Finally, we also love giving back and take part in numerous charity events all over the country throughout the year.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we will recruit you regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, or any other characteristic which may lead you to face disadvantage in our society.
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'