Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Woodview House, Paignton
£22,569 per annum (rising to £23,757 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
37.5 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We provide our residents with good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We have an opportunity for a Team Secretary to join the South West Housing Operations team based in Paignton. The team delivers housing management services to approximately 11,000 homes across the South West region. Supporting the management team and working within a fast paced environment, you will put your coordination and resolution skills to good use. Communicating with a range of Sanctuary contacts and external stakeholders, you’ll play an active role of investigating to ensure queries are resolved in a timely manner. This opportunity would be perfect for a professional individual with strong organisational skills, seeking a challenging yet rewarding role.
The role of Team Secretary will include:
- Coordinating correspondence such as letters, emails, reports and briefs
- Monitoring, inputting and collating information from reports, databases and spreadsheets to ensure compliance
- Liaising through a range of platforms with key contacts, ensuring a robust support function is provided
- General administrative tasks to include; meeting preparation, ordering, purchasing and internal post activities
- Supporting management by investigating and responding to queries and complaints and escalating where required
Skills and experiences:
- Ability to multi task and effectively prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Recent experience within a similar role is essential e.g. Coordinator, Secretary, Administration Officer
- Excellent interpersonal skills allowing you to build strong working relationships
- A proactive working nature with the ability to work on your own initiative
- NVQ Level 3 qualification within a relevant area would be desirable e.g. Business Administration or Customer Service
- Intermediate working knowledge of computer systems and packages e.g. Microsoft Office and SAP
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 14 August 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity..
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"