Here. You can widen your opportunities.
At Grant Thornton we're driven by a purpose of shaping a vibrant economy, based on trust and integrity in markets, dynamic businesses, and communities where businesses and people thrive. By living our purpose and focusing on quality, we strive to be the go-to-firm for growth. We’ve created our own unique culture - one that offers the opportunities of a major organisation in a personal, close-knit environment and that's built around a Challenger Leadership style and a Shared Enterprise model.
Be inspired. Be challenged. Be yourself. Here. You can.
At Grant Thornton our people are at the heart of everything we do, without great people we know we can't realise our vision of shaping a vibrant economy. Our support team work alongside the core business to assist with their everyday secretarial needs.
- You’ll manage the team’s diaries, including organising meetings, liaising with attendees, coordinating rooms/venues, catering and booking travel
- You’ll act as a secondary contact in any team member’s absence, dealing with important calls and emails effectively
- You’ll have the opportunity to get involved in projects, assisting with research, mailings and the production of PowerPoint presentations
- You’ll manage your own workloads and ensure that deadlines are met
- You’ll undertake key administrative duties (i.e. photocopying, data input, filing, billing, contracts etc.)
- You’ll generate reports and letter as/when necessary for the team
- There will be occasional attendance at other local GT Offices, so a driving licence would be preferable
- You'll have good project management skills
- You'll have the ability to work flexibly if the needs of the business require this
- You’ll cover reception during periods of holiday or sickness
Who we're looking for:
- You'll have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
- You'll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
- You'll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
- You'll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
Education, experience and qualifications:
- You’ll be proficient in the use of the Microsoft programme.
- You'll have a working knowledge of Excel.
- You’ll have experience carrying out key secretarial duties within an office environment.
- You'll have proven experience of working in a similar role.