TEAM MANAGER - ADULT TEAM
£30 - £35 PER HOUR
We are looking for an experienced Qualified Social Worker - Team Manager in Darlington to work within the Adult Team. The successful Social Worker will have post qualifying experience/knowledge of working with Adults within the Social Care Sector.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To act as a recognised expert within the specialist field
2. To mentor, provide advice and support, and as appropriate co-work with, other social workers or multi-disciplinary team members in relation to complex cases.
3. Responsible for development and implementation of innovative ways of working, taking into account research and experience from own and other services.
4. Undertake or contribute to professional casework supervision of other social workers.
5. Provide supervision for SWs, students and trainees, as requested:
6. Practice teacher for students and/or lead staff development activities.
7. Take the lead in initiating, developing and sustaining internal and external working relationships with other professionals, partner organisations and external agencies promoting effective integrated working.
8. Chair reviews/ planning meetings/ case conferences/ strategy meetings as appropriate to specialised field/ local structures.
9. Ensure the coordination and completion of assessments of needs, risks and options for adults with the most complex/high risk care needs and/or circumstances, in accordance with legislative requirements, all relevant policies and procedures and agreed performance targets.
10. Intervene in emergency situations to protect vulnerable adults and initiate the appropriate statutory or other actions required: undertake adult protection investigations, as requested.
11. Ensure effective case management responsibility is in place for a caseload of complex cases, including development of appropriate packages or programmes of care, working in partnership with individuals, their families, carers, and with other agencies; undertake ongoing and urgent case reviews, as necessary.
12. Maintain and update records in accordance with departmental policies; write reports, as required, including reports for courts and tribunals.
13. Exercise budgetary responsibilities as delegated by the Head of Service, including assessing care packages from a financial perspective.
14. Support the Operations Manager in service planning activities, reviewing the service to ensure value for public money and potential efficiencies maximised.
* Working within a Supportive Team
* Flexible working hours
* Good rates of pay
* HCPC Registration
* 4 years post qualifying experience within the UK Social Care Sector
* Enhanced DBS/CRB
* Eligibility to work in the UK
* A full UK license holder
Search Consultancy operates a competitive referral scheme whereby we award £250 to any Qualified Social Worker who goes on to work at least 50 hours in a temporary position. Please call Madge on for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age