Team Manager - Retail - Distribution
Shift Work - Early (0600-1400); Afternoon (1400-2200), Night (2200-0600)
Site Based reporting to Shift Manager
We are working in partnership with one of the UK's leading retail businesses, as they are looking to expand their Management team at their Basildon distribution centre.
We are initially looking for someone with the following educational/work history background:
- Ideally educated to GCSE standard, with qualifications in English and Maths.
- Good organisational skills
- General understanding of how the functions within a depot interact and influence customer service
- Experience within a demanding distribution environment
- Inter-personal skills and ability to lead a team
- Sound spreadsheet skills
- Ability to interpret and analyse data and present results clearly
- Ability to understand basic budgets and cost controls and how their departmental performance influences them
- Good verbal and written communication skills
If you are able to meet, display and demonstrate the above skills, please read on.
This main purpose of this management role is to achieve the shift/weekly work targets through the effective motivation and utilisation of the team.
The effectiveness of your role is measured by the following objectives:
- To effectively manage team members, maintaining a high standard of communication through team briefing, consultation, employee reviews and one-to-one conversations.
- To maintain operational compliance to all agreed processes ensuring all Team Members work accordingly.
- To improve operational performance in service, cost and colleagues in line with agreed approach ensuring sustainable change.
- To assist in the selection of future team members, ensuring full functional training is carried out; identify further training needs and ensure effective training is carried out to maintain operational efficiency.
- To work co-operatively with others, creating and maintaining a team spirit within and across the site to achieve a common goal.
- To liaise with the Planning department to ensure any changes to colleagues availability is fully communicated and accounted for.
- To control and allocate work, monitoring progress to ensure hourly/ daily/shift workload/tasks are completed, keeping line management fully informed of any operational issues.
- To continually monitor individual performance, (performance, accuracy, attendance, attitude and behaviour) taking appropriate action to improve standards.
- To effectively monitor and improve customer service standards, maintaining liaison with stores.
- To ensure compliance with Company Procedures and Legislation relating to Health & Safety.
- To handle grievances and maintain discipline within the parameters of Company Procedure.
- To coach individuals and arrange appropriate training to help them achieve their personal development needs.
- To maintain the accuracy and security of stock through the appropriate systems and procedures and compliance to agreed processes.
- To role model the Company values and support corporate and site policies and objectives.
- To give priority to exceeding the needs of customers, demonstrating and promoting a customer focused approach to operational activities.
- To carry out any other duties as required.
If you're still reading now, you must be confident you can adhere to the above guidelines with ease. So, a little bit more about the key capabilities and responsibilities of this exciting role:
Leadership of team - you will be responsible for the management of up to 35 staff at peak operating times
Operational/Functional Impact - are you aware of how your actions (and those of your direct reports) can affect Employer Relations and Customer Service Levels?
Financial Impact - are you able to manage budgeting of hours, funds for agency staff - how effective can you manage your teams working hours?
General Wider Business Knowledge - we need you to be an expert in one division, and be able to display a good, professional, working knowledge of the wider distribution operation and its impact on our customers.
Impact Time - we would expect you to be able to make positive changes in the short to medium term.
If the above all sounds like you, and you're confident you can display all these skills through application and interview, then you should know that our client sets their sights very high and all their job specifications and briefs are designed for people to strive to Overachieving and Exceptional achievement levels.
As our client holds the customers' interests at heart, they would expect you to personally spends time in front of customers to seek feedback, evaluate performance, share with the team and then collectively act upon it to deliver an outstanding customer experience. This feedback will be delivered and shared back to team members who will strive to raise the bar to improve the overall customer experience. Our client treats the review process seriously - and they want their managers too as well!
If this all sounds like you, then please send me your CV over and I will give you a call to discuss this exciting role in more detail. Our client rewards their staff well - subsidised canteen and gym, excellent pension scheme, flexible shift patterns with built-in handover times; a smart, "white collar" environment - and 32 days holiday increasing with service are just a few of the perks - along with working for a true market leader!
Please note, Yes are acting as an employment agency on this vacancy. If you haven't heard from ourselves in three working days, you haven't been shortlisted for this role.
- Logistics Management
- Warehouse Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job