48 hours per week. A flexible approach to shift patterns will be required, as the site moves from a startup to business as usual - this may involve working any 5/7 or 4 12 hour shifts.
Our brand new Customer Fulfilment Centre in Erith, Bexley is a highly automated warehouse that incorporates the latest, most advanced versions of Ocado’s hardware and software. This is where all of our products are stored and where our customers’ orders are picked and dispatched from, using highly sophisticated systems and processes, enabling us to deliver in one hour time slots.
At the forefront of this operation are a dedicated group of Team Managers who are accountable for the day to day management of the Personal Shoppers and responsible for meeting agreed targets and standards in their respective work areas.
Initially this will involve working in a pre-go live environment, so is an opportunity to be involved in an exciting project from the start - not only learning world leading technology through a testing and commissioning phase - but also an opportunity to embed a market leading culture from the beginning. This is an exciting time to join as we ramp up the site and grow the team significantly.
With full people management responsibility, once the site is up and running you will take the lead in areas such as:
- Performance management
- Welfare and absence management
- Probationary reviews
- Training & development
- Employee Engagement
- Continuous improvement initiatives
- In return, you will have the opportunity to further develop your career either into more senior positions or sideways into other departments.
What are we looking for?
- You need to be a proven manager, capable of dealing with all issues that arise from managing people.
- Leads by by example, setting and stretching targets, setting clear objectives for both themselves and their team.
- You need to be able to demonstrate the ability to really engage and enthuse a diverse team in a time-constrained environment.
- Ideally have experience working in a FMCG production, automated warehouse or distribution centre environment.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with other internal teams such as HR, Engineering and Resource Planning.
- Strong IT skills are essential and you must be comfortable using an iPad and various software packages to interpret data.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate, coach, develop, motivate and build effective relationships within their teams.
- The ability to make objective, consistent and well thought through decisions, including prioritising and delegating when appropriate.
- Business Operations