Westminster Homecare currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Team Manager to join our team based in Ely.
We are looking for a candidate with experience of managing Learning Disability services.
- To follow the directions of the Registered Branch Manager in the support to be provided to each individual service user
- To be a role model for team members, delivering the highest standards of support at all times, and acting with integrity, showing respect for others and recognising individual needs.
- To support all team members in their day to day work with Service Users. At all times working to promote the Service User’s independence and encouraging team members to increase the abilities of the Service User.
- To work with new employees ensuring that they have a full understanding of their role, are competent in their duties before working unsupervised and are fully supported during their 6 month probationary period.
- To be responsible for Service User Support Plans, including reviews, as directed by the Service Manager. This will include responsibility for service user finance agreements. To make the Branch Manager aware of any financial irregularities or issues of concern. Ensure Service Users are accurately detailed on HCR with full and up to date information.
- To manage the commissioned hours and expenses (if applicable) as dictated by the contract for each Service User.
- To manage staff rotas ensuring all support calls are scheduled and allocated to team members are per agreed schedule. All calls to be allocated by Tuesday of the previous week.
- Manage all team members with regard to supervisions, appraisals and quality monitoring. Chair all team meetings and deal with any issues arising from the meetings. Ensure all staff are working their contracted hours. Manage and monitor annual leave for all team members.
- To collate and agree timesheets on a weekly basis ensuring all staff have submitted a timesheet and that all calls are claimed in accordance with the rota. All calls to be checked to ensure that the correct hours have been claimed and to investigate any discrepancies on timesheets when checked to rotas. Collate and agree all expenses claim forms and submit with the appropriate timesheet. To ensure this information is accurate in order to produce correct invoices and salary payment.
- To co-operate in service quality assurance and evaluation processes as required
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with professionals from other agencies, including all Local Authorities, National Health Service, and Housing Associations.
- To actively seek new work via these professional relationships to grow the business.
- Point of contact for all team members to discuss issues relating to day to day support.
- Ensure all team members have a copy of company policies and procedures and that staff are updated as required.
- To be familiar with all company policies and procedures ensuring that they are followed by team members with particular emphasis on those relating to health and safety and risk assessments.
- To ensure that all accidents and incidents are raised with the branch immediately and the Branch Manager and Deputy Manager are informed. All supporting paperwork is completed within agreed timescales.
- Share on call with other team member
- To have, or be prepared to work towards, a Level 4 qualification in Health and Social Care.
- To work flexibly and this will include weekends, evenings, nights, bank holidays (including Christmas, Easter and New Year) to ensure the service is covered appropriately and to cover sleep in duties where required
Why work for us?
- Full Paid Training
- Good Rates of Pay
- Refer a Friend Incentive
- Pension Scheme
We look forward to hearing from you!
- learning disability: 2 years (Required)
License or certification:
- Full UK Driving Licence (Required
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job